Helper spring question: HELP

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
So a mate of mine and his lady are traveling on up to AK (she's a nurse and he's heading to Nursing school in Anchorage)

SO... THey're driving a 73 Eco-200 Camper Van with the 302. He's having a hell of a time finding a simple overload spring set for the rear to help with the added load.

I figured this would be the place to look for help for him and his rig. he's on the road and has no internet connection of any consistancy, but he'll be stoping by/staying with me here in a few months in Portland and I'd like to get him sorted so if he needs to/can order something he can have it sent here and then we can do all the work in my shop before he heads off to AK (so Jealous... if it weren't for the GF and my house I'd be following him in my 4Runner and moving there myself...either that or back to OZ but that's another story eh ;) )

SO folks any help would be great. My feeling is that it CAN"T be that unique of a vehicle that a simple over the axle helper spring set wouldn't work (he'd prefer to not use air bags for cost/simplicity/durability) though I fear that with old leaves maybe a Helper or AAl for his spring packs might just cause the old main leaves to fail. pack to fail (been there hate that...) any chance of somehting out there like the helpers on the newer F-2/350's that are mounted to the frame and only come into use when the truck is loaded down on them???

Cheers

DAve

nely

Adventurer
Jcwhitney shows several helper spring options for a 73 ford fullsive van

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior