Help With WK Tire Sizing?

CallMeChaz

I purchased a 3.5inch (front) and a 3inch (rear) lift kit for my 2008 WK. Is it possible that I could run Nitto Trail Grapplers 295/55R20 (32.79") with the this lift I ordered? I need to have a plan for what I can do ASAP and im not sure if I will be able to fit 32's.

(Link to lift - ebay. com/itm/271861224758)
Delete Space ^

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Not sure why you would want a 55 sidewall tire on a lifted Jeep...most of us try to get the most aspect ratio or biggest sidewall we can get to help cushion rocks and to assist when we air down the tires. If this is going to be 99% pavement pounder you will be fine with the 295/55/20. What wheel are you running and I am thinking aggressive wheel spacers will be needed.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/frequently-asked-questions-wk-xk-703598/

Last edited:

CallMeChaz

My jeep has 320,000 miles on it, so I'm not going to be taking it out. Just a pavement pounder for looks. I'm going to be getting 20" Fuel Mavericks with Nitto Trail Grapplers. Do I really have to run wheel spacers? I heard they aren't safe and I don't want my tires sticking too far out...

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
At this point it is trial and error...you will have to put the wheels/tires on and see where you get rubbing. The front tires will more than likely rub at full lock. If you are just going for looks I would not worry about articulation rubbing...that would include the front pinch weld and rear fender mod....I would not worry about those.

ErockinTaco

What is the backspacing of the wheels you're getting? That will play a role in wether you need spacers or not. The 295 might be too wide and you need either the wheel or spacers to push it out further

CallMeChaz

I am getting Fuel Maverick 20x9. They come in a +1 offset or a +20 offset. I would like the wheel to stick out an inch or so. I beleive I would have to go with the +20. Here are a few pics of the rim.

blackmilledGallery-Template.jpg

yzemysu5.jpg

This truck has the Nitto Trail Grapplers 295/55r20 and the 20" Mavericks. The exact setup I want.

CallMeChaz

At this point it is trial and error...you will have to put the wheels/tires on and see where you get rubbing. The front tires will more than likely rub at full lock. If you are just going for looks I would not worry about articulation rubbing...that would include the front pinch weld and rear fender mod....I would not worry about those.

So more than likely I will not need to mess with pinch welding?

crossed-up

Observer
My WK had the 20x9J Startech wheels shod with Pirelli P Zero 265/45 tyres. I'm not sure what back spacing they (and won't be able to find out until I go over to my storage place), but they worked fine with no spacers.

This is the only pic I can find before I swapped to the 17's. Plenty of clearance even with the stock ride height.

I0000_gbHib9wSHI.jpg

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
trial and error...you are in uncharted water at this point...put them on and see where they rub. you may want to try jeepgarage dot com...they may have more answers for you. most of the WKs on this forum are used, abused and put away wet.

paroxysym

Adventurer
FullSizeRender%20(3).jpg
theres a couple guys on JF that run 20s with a lift. for example I found this one- looks amazing. 2" lift, with 20x9 SRT10 reps, he has to run a 1.5" wheel spacer and had to do the pinch weld mod, to run a 285/55(32.5x11.7). theres also a guy running 20x9 srt reps, no wheels spacer with 275/60s and he did the pinch weld mod. if you check out the tire/wheel combo thread on JF, youll see a couple example of 20s with the lifts/spacer/mods needs to run them.

unless youre running a lift similar to a OME/OME Modified or something with coil overs, it will eventually settle to 2-2.5". is that the zone kit you found on ebay?

Last edited:

kmlacroix

Explorer
For the tuner/street mods jeepgarage and jeepforum are better places. If you want to compare rim and tire size differences go here.

You may run into other issues running a 3+ inch lift, such as drive shaft and axle angles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior