Help with pricing 2004 FWC Hawk . . .

Bucky

Observer
Hey, Gang,

It looks like I'll be putting my 2004 FWC Hawk up for sale pretty soon. I'm the original owner.

It's pretty much loaded: Extended cabover, propane furnace w/digital thermostat, 12v DC socket, 110v AC outlet, water heater (new propane valve) w/outside shower package, sink w/faucet, 2-burner stove, 3-way fridge, 20-lb propane tank, Fantastic Fan, Yakima 10-foot tracks (may throw in the racks, too), solar panel wiring and regulator, screen door, dead bolt, Rico Titan jacks w/wide aluminum front brackets, extra roof vent, front opening window and boot, 8-foot side awning, winter Arctic (thermal) pack, 20-gal freshwater tank, electric water pump, rear wall steps, fluorescent interior lights, rear flood lights, aux battery and separator, porta potti, Rubbermaid entry step, gas strut roof lift assists (installed by me), portable dining table, four original turnbuckles. That's all I can think of right now. Everything works.

The condition is very good. Headliner looks like new. When not on the truck, stored under a tarp in Massachusetts, or covered storage bay in North Carolina. No leaks. Very light rust on some of the white metal screw heads (can be replaced or primed and painted). Original jack brackets need to be sanded and repainted; not affected structurally. I paid $15k and change delivered from California to Massachusetts in August 2004. The same build now would cost $20k+ without delivery.

(Camper was originally built for 2003 GMC Sierra 1500 ext. cab with 6.5-foot bed. I use 2x4 risers to clear the higher bed rails on my 2012 GMC Sierra with the same bed.)

I have two people (one in Mass., one in NC) who are very interested in the Hawk, but I don't think Blue Book reflects the true value of this camper (based upon what I've read here). Can you help with a good asking price and what you would bargain down to if this was your camper? (NOTE: The Hawk won't be offered for sale here until I find out if one of my two prospects pans out.)

Many thanks!

Bucky
Eastern North Carolina

Last edited:

bill harr

Adventurer
What it is worth is a moving target. It is worth what someone is will to pay and you are willing to except. An Ebay auction will give you what the market is willing to pay, may be more or less what you are willing to except.

I would look at a CL search engine and see what they are selling for. Note if you see a camper listed for a month it is priced to high.

I found my old 2002 Hawk for $3500 what the seller was asking and yes it sold to the first person who looked at it me. I sold it 5 years later for $7500 to the first person who looked at it. Dropped $500 from asking price buyer was happy. Good luck with your sell. Video of inside of my Hawk.

Bucky

Observer
Thanks, Bill. Your post gave me some good things to think about.

BTW, that's some search engine! Showed all FWC Hawks for sale across the country; I used the 3,000 mile radius.

Bucky

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles