Help with a larger fuel tank

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
In my opinion, any rectangular tank is a better option than the OEM cylindrical tank that comes on the Fuso, as they take up less space and hold more fuel for a similar size.
The only real issues with changing the fuel tank are how you will mount it and finding a suitable fuel sender (if you want to use the OEM fuel gauge in the instrument cluster).
The OEM fuel sender has a non standard mounting pattern and a propriety ohm range (0=full, 150=empty and 50=half).

billiebob

Someone makes a tank which automatically pumps into the main tank.

But what are you driving ?

Last edited:

cameronsturgess

In my opinion, any rectangular tank is a better option than the OEM cylindrical tank that comes on the Fuso, as they take up less space and hold more fuel for a similar size.
The only real issues with changing the fuel tank are how you will mount it and finding a suitable fuel sender (if you want to use the OEM fuel gauge in the instrument cluster).
The OEM fuel sender has a non standard mounting pattern and a propriety ohm range (0=full, 150=empty and 50=half).
Thanks for heads up on fuel sender. I didn’t know it was proprietary

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I had a 200 litre stainless fuel tank built for my truck and got a custom reed switch style sender made for it, which matches the above ohm ranges. It's a simple plug and play setup now and works perfectly with the standard instrument cluster.
My truck is a FG84, which is pretty much the same as the FG140.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I have 2 50 gallon saddle tanks. The primary tank has a stock fuel sending unit, the aux tank is coupled to the primary tank.

100 gallons of fuel gives you some nice range with the Fuso.

GrantBerry

Not what you had in mind, but I have a 400L tank on the back, gravity feeds via electric 'tap'/valve into the main tank.
41348_7.jpg41348_8.jpg

Last edited:

javajoe79

Fabricator
In regards to the odd fuel sender specs, you can get a converter so that any fuel level sender will work with your gauge.

sharkbait73

Any suggestions on replacing the stock fuel tank with a larger one ? Does the an Isuzu 50 gal work ?

Hi Cameron, what did you end up going with? I am also looking at replacing the stock cylindrical tank (I think 33gal/125L) and want to go both larger (maybe ~200-250L (~53-66gal)) and retangular, as well as I would like to see about moving it from the passenger side mount to the driver's side (along with the fuel filter and such) so i can use the passenger side for camper-side storage boxes and such.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles