Help Selecting a camper

Samorkand

I have been looking all over online and just not seeing what I really want. I spent most of my time "Camping" on the mountain in the fall. I hunt and it can get pretty cold. The camper I have right now does ok but I need a toy hauler. Most of the commercial trailers I have seen are much fancier than I really want. I have looked at offroad looking cargo trailer and I am not opposed to that route and setting it up how I want. I would really like to find some sort of extreme Offroad 4 season toy hauler that wont cost tens of thousands. Also I need something that has an open design because as bizarre as this may sound I have a 180# pet pig. Thats one of the 2 reasons I need a toy hauler. Easier for her to get in and out and I can haul my side by side.

Any suggestions or help is much appreciated. Also just want to add I have had my pig for 7 years and no she's not for BBQ. I realize those comments are generally in good fun and no hard feelings but I have heard it all over the years. Again I appreciate the help.

Thanks.

waveslider

Outdoorsman
I'll go first: "Lets not forget Dude that keeping wildlife, um... an amphibious rodent, for... um, ya know domestic... within the city... that ain't legal either. "

In truth, you might need to rethink your constraints. When you say the words "Won't cost tens of thousands" that means less than $20k to me. That's a severe limitation and you might be better off with an enclosed trailer that you build out some type of spartan living quarters in.

Samorkand

I agree my limit is in the 20 to 30k range. I’ll only be using it a few times a year and cant justify $60k or something of that nature. Setting up a cargo trailer myself has crossed my mind. Im definitely not opposed to it i just hoped i could find a company that built what im after already.

waveslider

Outdoorsman
The companies that have what you're after usually build it custom to your specs and therefore cost $$$. I wouldn't overlook an enclosed trailer with some basic ameneities added along with spray foam insulation on the inside walls. Sturdy, Quiet and overall pretty cost effective.

45Kevin

Adventurer
Did you ever find anything?

Check out mining or oil company surplus.They get all kinds of odd ball custom vehicles built for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles