HELP! New Jeep build out for TAT.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
and the rough idea includes ?

For a Rubicon you should have no trouble box stock. No need for mods, the trail is all across public lands with easy access. CO and further west gets a bit more rugged but people do it in far less capable vehicles. Do you plan a bunch of side excursions?

Otherwise are you looking at refrigeration, sleeping, security mods?
Trailer??
Exactly what I was thinking! Stock Ranger did most of it and he wrote a big blog about it. It’s not the Rubicon lol, which is why the “Rubicon” is called such. LOL

NEPolarbear

Observer
Exactly what I was thinking! Stock Ranger did most of it and he wrote a big blog about it. It’s not the Rubicon lol, which is why the “Rubicon” is called such. LOL
Good point. Will check the blog out.
This is my first new Jeep in 20 years.
Still driving my 2002 Sahara.
Thanks.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
If ordered correctly you don’t need new bumpers, front or rear. Winch ready front bumpers and frame mounted spare tire carrier rear bumper combos are factory options. Developed with AEV these are quality components. The JL Rubicon can accommodate 35” tires off the lot. Before planning on spending a ton of money on aftermarket goodies option the Jeep right from the get-go, then see what you need. Start with a winch and basic (self-) recovery gear.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Rubicon Jeep stock with basic recovery gear is plenty for the tat. Once you get out west your more likely going to need wild fire, fire equipment ?. Joking sort of...

Smileyshaun

Observer
A Subaru will do 90% of the trails you will see on overlanding site . Trust me I’m all for mods but something to think about if you go aftermarket on the lift and have a suspension issue you may find the dealer unwilling to do a fix under warranty.

NEPolarbear

Observer
If ordered correctly you don’t need new bumpers, front or rear. Winch ready front bumpers and frame mounted spare tire carrier rear bumper combos are factory options. Developed with AEV these are quality components. The JL Rubicon can accommodate 35” tires off the lot. Before planning on spending a ton of money on aftermarket goodies option the Jeep right from the get-go, then see what you need. Start with a winch and basic (self-) recovery gear.
If ordered correctly.........Ha.
Exactly.
That's why I'm doing my research now and seeing what the 2022 models will offer on factory upgrades that make sense.
Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles