HELP! New Jeep build out for TAT.

NEPolarbear

Observer
Hello....Haven't posted here in years.
Need recommendations for someone to install mods/ equipment, lifts, suspension, etc. on a new Rubicon that I plan to take on the Trans America Trail next summer.
I'm not a DIYer.
Willing to go anywhere around New England.
Have a rough idea what I need, but need expert advice and installation.
Thanks for any feedback.
NEP

billiebob

and the rough idea includes ?

For a Rubicon you should have no trouble box stock. No need for mods, the trail is all across public lands with easy access. CO and further west gets a bit more rugged but people do it in far less capable vehicles. Do you plan a bunch of side excursions?

Otherwise are you looking at refrigeration, sleeping, security mods?
Trailer??

Last edited:

NEPolarbear

Observer
Ha...
Should have been more specific.
Bringing my basic backpacking gear.
Interested in the actual modifications for the Jeep.
Tires, Suspension, Lift, Front bumper w/ winch, rear tire carrier, auxiliary electronics,,etc.
Need someone to install.
Thanks

NEPolarbear

Observer
Smiley....exactly.
There's much more which I have prioritized in order of importance and in which order to do the modifications.
Just need someone who knows what they are doing.
Thanks,

NEPolarbear

Observer
Smiley,
Planning ahead for 2022 Rubicon Unlimited.
Need to have everything installed first to see if I need the bigger tires, lift, and suspension.

billiebob

Ha...
Should have been more specific.
Bringing my basic backpacking gear.
Interested in the actual modifications for the Jeep.
Tires, Suspension, Lift, Front bumper w/ winch, rear tire carrier, auxiliary electronics,,etc.
Need someone to install.
Thanks
you need nothing for thr TAT. Your Jeep is Trail Ready completely stock.
of course you could spend a bundle but half of that spending will just compromise Jeeps fabulous engineering and design and result in breakage of the component you left stock. Just Empty Every Pocket..... applies here.
The TAT is not a difficult route. I'm tempted to do it in a 40 year old 2WD F150

Winch, I love AEV bumpers but with a winch and lockers for 10 years, I use lockers often, have not needed the winch ever.
Auxiliary electronics, power to the fridge, charging the drone and tablet, extra communication, GPS....
YES these are excellent investments. All those communications tracking stuff to a home base.....
Yes, number one off road is the rescue plan... does anyone know you are late, broke down.

Before you start an adventure you need a tried and true, proven vehicle. Lift and bigger tires means you need a year of local trails to prove you got it right.

Last edited:

ThePartyWagon

you need nothing for thr TAT. Your Jeep is Trail Ready completely stock.
of course you could spend a bundle but half of that spending will just compromise Jeeps fabulous engineering and design and result in breakage of the component you left stock. Just Empty Every Pocket..... applies here.
The TAT is not a difficult route. I'm tempted to do it in a 40 year old 2WD F150

Winch, I love AEV bumpers but with a winch and lockers for 10 years, I use lockers often, have not needed the winch ever.
Auxiliary electronics, power to the fridge, charging the drone and tablet, extra communication, GPS....
YES these are excellent investments. All those communications tracking stuff to a home base.....
Yes, number one off road is the rescue plan... does anyone know you are late, broke down.

Before you start an adventure you need a tried and true, proven vehicle. Lift and bigger tires means you need a year of local trails to prove you got it right.

I agree with billiebob, you do not need anything over the top. Invest in some mild bumpers, lighting, a winch and recovery gear and hit the road. The more stock a vehicle is, the more reliable it is (most of the time).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles