Help needed please with GX 460 slider options

Lmg

I have been doing extensive research on sliders for the GX 460, specifically 2010 and later with KDSS. It is my understanding that these use the same frame as the 4Runner of the same years. however I can find only 2 sliders that are listed specifically for this vehicle: by Outpost Off Road , and RCI Metalworks. Also I have looked at other sliders for the 4Runner, and there are some that I like better than the ones just mentioned. Specifically the Hefty Fabworks and the 4X innovations units, each of which have attachments to the bottom of the frame. The 4X sliders even have attachments to the inside of the frame, which may be extreme overkill. However 4X appears to specialize in overkill, as they have a video where they take a truck with their sliders and do repetitive drop tests from 6-12" onto a boulder, and another where they roll a truck with their roll bar.

Anyway, each of these latter fabricators say that they have no experience with the GX 460.

Not ready to throw my $$$ out there, wait a few weeks for delivery, and find out that they do not fit.

So some of you have posted about installing 4Runner sliders on your GX 460s with KDSS. Were there issues which required modifications?

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
There's Mainline Overland, Southern Style Offroad, Metal Tech and OPOR, RSG, and a few others that are GX460 specific. I had the Hefty Fab sliders on my 5th Gen and just attempted to make the work on our new GX460 and sadly the front arm on the drivers side interferes with the KDSS lines, they won't work without modifications. I chose to sell them and buy a GX60 specific set. If you like the looks of the Hefty Fab sliders then take a look at those from SSO, they are nearly identical.

Lmg

Check out main line overland's sliders: https://www.mainlineoverland.com/pr..._2011~mk_lexus~md_gx460~cv_vehicle-protection

You can see a project vehicle they worked on in their shop, a 2019 gx that's absolutely beautiful: https://www.mainlineoverland.com/blogs/vehicle-builds/2019-lexus-gx460

Thank you chadwicksavage, I had time today to look at the build discussion video on the GX 460. You are correct, very nice. I have added their sliders to my “considering” list.

Thanks for the help.

Lmg

There's Mainline Overland, Southern Style Offroad, Metal Tech and OPOR, RSG, and a few others that are GX460 specific. I had the Hefty Fab sliders on my 5th Gen and just attempted to make the work on our new GX460 and sadly the front arm on the drivers side interferes with the KDSS lines, they won't work without modifications. I chose to sell them and buy a GX60 specific set. If you like the looks of the Hefty Fab sliders then take a look at those from SSO, they are nearly identical.
Thank you too Tex68w, I have looked at some of these, but you have thrown some new possibilities into the mix. I have read some or your posts both here and on Mud, quite helpful.

I like the bump out at the rear, and looking for sliders with the “deck” or step plates on them, mainly to keep mud, and pebbles from the front tire treads from throwing up on the vehicle.

I am also looking at things like fasteners diameter and how many are used to secure the sliders to the frame.

Too bad you had the fit issue with the Heftys.

moose545

I went with RSG, no complaints and they look nice after being rhino-lined; flat-bumpout versions

Lmg

Thank you moose545, they are on my short list, but busy with other things now. so this is on the back burner for now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles