Help needed in Santa Barbara. Anyone have FWC jacks I can borrow for an afternoon?

T_FORE_R

Does anyone in Santa Barbara have the Fourwheel Camper jacks? If so, would you be willing to let me borrow for an afternnon to adjust my Project M......

Ok so here's the reason,

I finally made it out to put a proper shakedown on my new project M FWC. I was worried ever since I drove 6 hours to pick up my camper that the mounting system wasn't going to cut it, well.... it doesn't. I ran about 40 miles in the desert and the camper slid towards the cab. Nothing crazy, which is the scary part, but enough to shift the camper. Can't close the rear door and the metal seal they install is nearly touching the cab. I totally regret not buying the jack stands (I was planning to be at the grand opening in SoCal and buying them there but with the closure I don't know when they'll open).

If anyone can help there's a case a beer in it for you. Cheers.

Nate

Attachments

• IMG_3412.jpg
    IMG_3412.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3529.jpg
    IMG_3529.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3356.jpg
    IMG_3356.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 55

Wrathchild

Have you tried getting some friends to help you slide it back in place? Can’t be that much heavier than my OVRLND. We installed it without jacks or forklift.

T_FORE_R

Have you tried getting some friends to help you slide it back in place? Can’t be that much heavier than my OVRLND. We installed it without jacks or forklift.

Thats definitely in the cards. The camper is only 450lbs, but with the gasket and the way FWC designed the rear cap it takes a little precision to lay correctly. Also If I can find some jacks Im going to bolt through the bed once adjusted and could use the flexibility to keep the camper suspended.

Wrathchild

Good call. I thought about doing that to mine. But the standard shell clamps seem to be holding fine. If you haven’t already, seal under the bed rail caps while you got it off. They’re notorious for leaking water and dust. On GMs anyway.

T_FORE_R

Good call. I thought about doing that to mine. But the standard shell clamps seem to be holding fine. If you haven’t already, seal under the bed rail caps while you got it off. They’re notorious for leaking water and dust. On GMs anyway.

I was worried from the get that these wouldn't last but was still hopeful they'd last longer than one trip. I checked the bolts literally every time I stopped. The problem Im having is that theres nothing stopping from shifting when running on long bumpy vibrating trails. They're literally the same clamps from etrailer (bottom portion only) ...

clamp.jpg

I posted to Wander the West, still hopeful to find someone in SB to limit travel/time. Thanks to all offering insight.

NAte

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles