HELP! Need a fender!

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
My truck is a 1996 F-700 and I need a drivers side "quarter fender" "rear wheel house" or what ever you would like to call the broken fiberglass part in the picture! Ford has gone obsolete on me but I'm positive there are one of these things kicking around a wrecking yard near some of the major centers. These are the same from approx 1995 -1998 F-700 and F-800. Any help is appreciated, these things are scarce up here.
Thanks in advance,
Mark.

Attachments

• Broken fender.jpg
    Broken fender.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 110

Jeep

I searched all over here, most trucks around here get beat to death instead of miled out so body parts are hard to find. The body shop quote was $750 to fix without paint, I hate working with fiberglass too. I wish I lived near a surf board builder! That would probably mean I wouldn't be looking at the white stuff on the ground right now! I'd appreciate a few wrecking yard numbers, it would make the repair job easier.
Cheers,
Mark

spencyg

This Space For Rent
But working with 'glass is so easy!! That repair wouldn't take you more than a few hours of grinding and glassing. I'd repair that way before trying to find another fender. It will take you at least a few hours in disassembly/reassembly just to get the new fender on anyway, and the paint won't match regardless, so you're paying for paint anyway. Fix the glass, have it painted, and then go out and play.

Just my $0.0001264

Spence

Jeep

But working with 'glass is so easy!! That repair wouldn't take you more than a few hours of grinding and glassing. I'd repair that way before trying to find another fender. It will take you at least a few hours in disassembly/reassembly just to get the new fender on anyway, and the paint won't match regardless, so you're paying for paint anyway. Fix the glass, have it painted, and then go out and play.

Just my $0.0001264

Spence

The fender is just mush from the big break all the way down, if it was just the big break I'd bite the bullet and do it.

JS, Alberta is just a high dollar neighborhood unless you get way out of the major centers which would mean a 4+ hour drive, I'd sooner pay the evil brown machine (UPS) to just drop one off. All the shops are either doing retail insurance work and don't want to deviate or the glass shops around here are into manufacturing and don't like little jobs either...so they charge the whites out of your eyes hoping not to get the job. And I really hate glass!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior