Help me price Ford E350 only 13,500 miles

southard

I have a 2009 E350 with the V10 and only 13,500 original miles on it. I got it from a guy who bought it at a government auction. It was a law enforcement vehicle of some kind and mostly sat in the yard unused - it has a small solar panel in the windshield that trickle charged the battery to keep the battery in decent shape with the lack of use.

The van came with a quigley 4x4 conversion and I have upgraded the suspension and did the initial part of a interior refit at CCV. I left the ceiling undone bc we were going to use it for a season and decide if we wanted to go pop top or high top.

The exterior is in fantastic shape and its mechanically sound. I had one issue where the van died on me and would not restart - local Ford dealer couldn't find anything wrong and I went to a local mechanic. We changed out the main junction box and a put in a new battery out of abundance of caution and it hasn't happened again.

We are leaving Colorado and I don't see much use for this in Florida. Any feedback on where this should be priced for sale would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 478
  • IMG_0315.jpg
    IMG_0315.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 485
  • IMG_0309 2.jpg
    IMG_0309 2.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_0310 2.jpg
    IMG_0310 2.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_0311 2.jpg
    IMG_0311 2.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_0313 2.jpg
    IMG_0313 2.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_0315 2.jpg
    IMG_0315 2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG_6928 2.jpg
    IMG_6928 2.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 499

UHAULER

Explorer
I would start by figuring out what you have into it and go from there. It sounds like a nice van but there is always going to be a similar deal out there. You might make a few thousand or lose a few thousand.

MSD

Well Known Xplor’r
I know this van and it’s owner (Rich). I’m the market & sales director at Colorado Camper Van. To help out a bit, van is currently located in Ft Collins Colorado. Based on mileage and condition on this rigs worth $40k Easy.

Rich is a good guy, a new member & asking for guidance... so instead of chiming in on the rules, maybe be helpful with an actual value too.

Also post it up in the forum section under vans link here & you should get some more help - https://expeditionportal.com/forum/forums/4wd-and-2wd-camper-vans-a-k-a-vanlife.58/.

Rich hit me up at the shop as I may be able to help find a buyer.

I could be missing a few things on my knowledge of the van, off this week as we close the shop every year this time till after new year. I’ll look at the paperwork to see if I’m missing anything when we get back on 1/4.

turbodiesel

With so low miles it's hard to value that. There are not many comparables. I'd say just for the base van 15-25k. You'll have to find the right buyer to accept the high side of that. Then add 15k for the Quigley conversion. 30-40k, right now maybe pad an extra 5k since these vans are in such demand.

Last edited:

jlcanterbury

$35k

But I don't get it. Is it for sale or are you just considering selling? This is the classified section.

Last edited:

southard

I would take $40k for it. I have more than that in it for sure but didn't expect to get all of my investment out of it.

MSD - I will definitely hook up with you after the new year. Look forward to talking...

REF

I’d also say around $40K is a good starting point. It’s a nice clean van with low miles and a minimal build, lots of people out there looking for just this thing. In fact, I have a friend in mind.
OP, might want to post your van over on Sportsmobile Forum if you haven’t yet, you’ll get some traction there. MSD might be able to help you out with that, if you’re not signed up(what a guy!).
For the listing when you get it together, make sure you add in more specifics on the van-gear ratio, rear axle(full float?), shocks, running gear(tires/wheels). Include some more details and pics of the interior, flooring, rear bed setup(great for a moto to fit in there), walls, insulation...
btw-Hey Mark! hope all’s well....(I finally joined the ranks over here)
HNY all!

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
Yeap. I think to get a good value on it. Most of us are looking for some specs. What wood is the paneling. Any insulation and what features it has on the inside. Looks like it has some boxes over the rear wheel wells and I think what appears to be a light build out. Id probably shoot for 40-45K. It has such low miles thats hard to ascertain exactly the value. Nice van

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94