Help me Pick Lift and Tires

Jwestpro

Explorer
I'd love to go as high as possible without destroying the ride quality

None, as in 0 lift, is the ideal amount. Now, to be clear, I am meaning for full time use. The very best height to be rolling all the time, and especially on the highway is the factory standard height. On a trail, you honestly have to get into rather rugged stuff to truly need more than the factory off road height. However, a little more can be nice/more convenient especially if you're sloppy or drive faster than you should for such terrain.

So, to get "a little more", the IIDtool is the simplest as well as having a multitude of other benefits such as resetting a code for your compressor or suspension fault that you will get for driving too high, too much. Like Blaise said, 25mm is plenty as this extra via iidtool. It's just enough.

There is more that you can do for actual lift, but there's no need unless you also do several other modifications for larger tire clearance. Your tire idea 265/65-18 is the simplest way to just go use the vehicle in a ton of places without introducing more complexity.

Blaise

You're going to die using P tires ;) Just kidding, really. I made my recomendations to you assuming everyone ends up with a super heavy build.

My reason for this post is to ask if you've gotten to do Naches top to bottom/eastbound ? An lr3 won't fit through the western-most end which is also basically west of the "top". The eastward route comes out quite a ways east but you can also then make it a full loop routing through to come out onto I90 near Hyak. There are sections which I'd say are good tests for a 'just enough sidewall' tire and wheel combo.

Not yet! I’m down in SWCO to hit up Black Bear Pass :)

PTB

Observer
None, as in 0 lift, is the ideal amount. Now, to be clear, I am meaning for full time use. The very best height to be rolling all the time, and especially on the highway is the factory standard height. On a trail, you honestly have to get into rather rugged stuff to truly need more than the factory off road height. However, a little more can be nice/more convenient especially if you're sloppy or drive faster than you should for such terrain.

So, to get "a little more", the IIDtool is the simplest as well as having a multitude of other benefits such as resetting a code for your compressor or suspension fault that you will get for driving too high, too much. Like Blaise said, 25mm is plenty as this extra via iidtool. It's just enough.

There is more that you can do for actual lift, but there's no need unless you also do several other modifications for larger tire clearance. Your tire idea 265/65-18 is the simplest way to just go use the vehicle in a ton of places without introducing more complexity.
I'd have to agree with this sentiment. I run larger than stock tire for off road, but not so large as to mobilize the vehicle if the EAS fails and drops to bump stops. Even without the Gap tool you can squeeze some extra height by getting the LR3 to activate extended mode.

Although I'd certainly recommend IIDtool. I simply mean that you can get a lot of lift on a short term basis on those rare occasions if needed, without altering the geometry for the vast majority of the time.

I will say I prefer the E rated tires for offroad. I've never done the math, but when lifting a wheel on jagged rocky terrain I like knowing I've got some capacity to spare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94