Help me Decide on a Furnace, for the Adrenalin - Propex, Espar, Webasto, Other?

trae

Adventurer
My understanding is that you never want to leave unvented CO2 producing appliance in your tent.. It only needs to wrong once, right?

JKMikey

Observer
Interested in knowing how it worked for you. I'm thinking of running a HS2800 on my Kakadu and plumbing it permanently to the front (or throw it into a toolbox for portability). If the Big Buddy works sufficiently, maybe I'll just go that route for now...

Mike

Smoothy

Interested in knowing how it worked for you. I'm thinking of running a HS2800 on my Kakadu and plumbing it permanently to the front (or throw it into a toolbox for portability). If the Big Buddy works sufficiently, maybe I'll just go that route for now...

Mike

I just bought a Kakadu SE and was thinking of doing the same thing, I'd like to hear how it works out for you. I'm probably going with the BigBuddy heater for now.
Gord

Reading this thread I can only assume this was a hoax. Anyone else have this thought? Two baby cribs and a dog in a closed space with a cat heater?

flylow4500

Observer
It concerns me too, I wouldn't do it. Plenty have proven it to be safe with a properly operating unit.

I have a big Airtronic in my camper, when it comes to safety while sleeping I don't care what it costs to avoid a possible bad situation.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Reading this thread I can only assume this was a hoax. Anyone else have this thought? Two baby cribs and a dog in a closed space with a cat heater?

That picture was taken inside his Adrenaline Camper. The Adrenaline campers and the Kimberly Kampers have ample room (As illustrated in the image) to set up cribs, a table with chairs, or even bunk cots in the entry way. This is part of what makes them so appealing to families. The entry way is the unfolded roof.

Is it the setup/pic that makes you think it's a hoax, or the fact that he wants to use a catalytic heater in the space with the family?

I'm sure you know, but the name was "Seldom Seen Smith." Might as well sign on George Mayduke, Bonnie Zigzag or Doc Tarvis...

That picture was taken inside his Adrenaline Camper. The Adrenaline campers and the Kimberly Kampers have ample room (As illustrated in the image) to set up cribs, a table with chairs, or even bunk cots in the entry way. This is part of what makes them so appealing to families. The entry way is the unfolded roof.

Is it the setup/pic that makes you think it's a hoax, or the fact that he wants to use a catalytic heater in the space with the family?

I'm sure you know, but the name was "Seldom Seen Smith." Might as well sign on George Mayduke, Bonnie Zigzag or Doc Tarvis...

It was an unfortunate typo. Shameful i know.

It just seemed strange that the post ended after saying that he would let everyone know how it worked out. The heating is something I've been struggling with as well. I have 2 small children and use a Mr. Heater sparingly.

I'm very sensitive to the issue due to an unfortunate accident that I won't go into. Big old bomber down sleeping bags are safe and free of mechanical defects. I barely care what other people do inside their own rigs but my wife and i would never be able to sleep with that thing running. Just not worth the risk imo. We all have our own threshold of comfort. But i will say this: As a Mechanical Engineer I have seen failures in equipment that are mind blowing. The "holes in the swiss cheese" lining up in ways that seem fictional. I could go on and on and but I won't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles