Help locating ac on my 6.7l f250

rayra

Expedition Leader
are you kidding? Maybe you shouldn't be doing this. It is possible to put too much in, too. Do you at least have the can with the gauge on it? put too much in, you'll blow the seals on the compressor and a $30 'savings' becomes a $600 mistake.

rayra

Expedition Leader
so you going to bother telling / showing folks wher eit is, so the next person looking can find an answer?

so you going to bother telling / showing folks wher eit is, so the next person looking can find an answer?

So make up your mind if they cant find it themselves geez they better not ask because they may screw things up. But just so if anyone else is looking the line is right next to the windshield fluid. Oh and on edit I have no idea where the actual ac is its a mess in there.

rayra

Expedition Leader
ok, snotty. Don't get belligerent about it.

For anyone else, the AC receiver / accumulator cylinder (big vertical shiny aluminum thing) and high pressure port are almost always on or very near the passenger side firewall in the engine compartment, where your vent blower and heater core and AC exchanger are. Usually housed in a covered hump on the firewall, if not buried in your dash. The low-pressure port is typically on the ~3/8" shiny aluminum line that runs between the firewall and the AC compressor. Not to be confused with the line that runs from the accumulator towards the front grill where the AC condenser / heat exchanger is mounted, in front of your radiator. The low pressure port is most often somewhere over the passenger side frame rail. And typically has a plastic cap on it, usually black.

These are common elements of just about any automotive AC installation. Once you understand the basic elements of the system, it's very easy to find.

If you have a front wheel drive vehicle and a transverse engine, the line routing is much different but the core elements remain the same. And the low pressure port will usually be much closer to the rear passenger corner of the engine bay.

The ports are meant to be accessible. They should be easy to spot, once you have a clue where to look for them.

If you are attempting recharge your AC system yourself, at least use the kit-can with the gauge on it and be very careful not to charge it past the green zone on the gauge. In fact don't even get near the high side of the green zone. IF you do so, your 'cheap fix' can quickly become very expensive.

So when somebody doesn't have an idea of where the port is, they probably have much greater odds of dicking it up.

There's a ton of pictures, manuals, YouTube videos - often on your very model of vehicle - take a few minutes to google that up. There's a wealth of info out there, just laying around.

Your the one that had the attitude I asked a simple question because in the engine compartment of my diesel truck there is a lot going on in there and in my initial search I did not see it, so I figured I would ask for location to look. But no you give me crap about if I cant find it bla bla bla. Now thanks for actually adding something useful instead of being some no it all ********.
ok, snotty. Don't get belligerent about it.

For anyone else, the AC receiver / accumulator cylinder (big vertical shiny aluminum thing) and high pressure port are almost always on or very near the passenger side firewall in the engine compartment, where your vent blower and heater core and AC exchanger are. Usually housed in a covered hump on the firewall, if not buried in your dash. The low-pressure port is typically on the ~3/8" shiny aluminum line that runs between the firewall and the AC compressor. Not to be confused with the line that runs from the accumulator towards the front grill where the AC condenser / heat exchanger is mounted, in front of your radiator. The low pressure port is most often somewhere over the passenger side frame rail. And typically has a plastic cap on it, usually black.

These are common elements of just about any automotive AC installation. Once you understand the basic elements of the system, it's very easy to find.

If you have a front wheel drive vehicle and a transverse engine, the line routing is much different but the core elements remain the same. And the low pressure port will usually be much closer to the rear passenger corner of the engine bay.

The ports are meant to be accessible. They should be easy to spot, once you have a clue where to look for them.

If you are attempting recharge your AC system yourself, at least use the kit-can with the gauge on it and be very careful not to charge it past the green zone on the gauge. In fact don't even get near the high side of the green zone. IF you do so, your 'cheap fix' can quickly become very expensive.

So when somebody doesn't have an idea of where the port is, they probably have much greater odds of dicking it up.

There's a ton of pictures, manuals, YouTube videos - often on your very model of vehicle - take a few minutes to google that up. There's a wealth of info out there, just laying around.

rayra

Expedition Leader
Keep yapping at me, screwy one. 189 views , I'm the only one that bothered to respond to your thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne