Help; How to “weatherproof” truck bed with a bed rack.

B3TRDPro

I’m about to purchase a RTT and with a C4 bed rack. I’m curious how anyone else with a similar set up is weatherproofing or keeping prying eyes from the contents of the bed. I know I could go with a rack from Victory 4x4 or TRUKD that could utilize a tonneau cover OR go with a Softopper and compatible bed rack. But the setup Id like to run is the C4. Thank you In advance for the input. For what it’s worth I have a 2019 Tundra with a short bed.

motovan_mn

Could always fab up custom panels that bolt up to the rack, but you'd need to think about sealing between the panels.

If weatherproofing and security are the name of the game, it seems like you're unnecessarily painting yourself into a corner by choosing to use the C4 rack.

B3TRDPro

Could always fab up custom panels that bolt up to the rack, but you'd need to think about sealing between the panels.

If weatherproofing and security are the name of the game, it seems like you're unnecessarily painting yourself into a corner by choosing to use the C4 rack.

Youre right. I decided to go with a Victory 4x4 rack and roll up cover. Obviously someone can get in if they want but at least it’ll keep the weather out and eyes from peering in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94