Help from the Hive Mind: Soft Tonneau Ideas

NurseDan

Good afternoon from Alberta, all.
Just commissioned a custom replica of a military trailer from a local manufacturer. I've had a bugger of a time getting something similar prebuilt. Very few Canadian-made and all the US companies I was interested in would not ship to Canada. Anyway, to the thing. I'm hoping the forum could give me some ideas/direction for a soft tonneau? I've seen Berlin Covers(?) on a few examples but doesn't seem like they're still in business (or they don't have a site that I could find). Some of the early, early Manley ORV trailers have a simple frame that latches to the trailer and a cover that snaps to that. Seems like that's the way to go.

Oscar Mike Gulf Yankee

Don't know how big your trailer is, or which trailer, but the cheapest, quickest way is to make one. A simple wood frame out of 1x2's, some snaps and good canvas or tarp is all you need. Why a soft top?

NurseDan

Tub in gonna end up being 64" by 42". I'm just thinking soft top will be easier to remove. That way the trailer will be more useful as a utility trailer and not just for camping. Looking like you're correct and doing my own is how it's gonna have to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior