Help for overland navigation

A_anu

https://www.instagram.com/descubiendourantia/?hl=e
Hi, recently we have bought a truck to transform housing. I just bought a xiaomi air 13.3 laptop with good features. Which system is most optimal for navigation? Can I match a GPS to the PC? Are there offline programs for a laptop, incorporating a GPS usb? In principle the use would be to travel the rest of our lives all over the world! I also have an android phone, like plan B. Thanks, regards.

jimi breeze

jimi breeze
Answer
Yes you can use your laptop for navigation. You will have to purchase or fab a laptop mount and a substantial piece of interior space to mount it. Purchase an external GPS antenna and navigation software. The bonus is the storage space on your computer for digital maps.

Question?
Why use a laptop? Have you considered using a tablet with a mount? There are many great mapping apps out there. I have several apps downloaded on my iPad mini. Gaia has been my go to lately. This is a great tool and you can still use your laptop to create routes and manage all the app functions. Your tablet will pick up the changes from the cloud on next log on. Cool.

Travel Well

Joe917

Explorer
Look at 10" Android tablets with built in GPS. Mount with a RAM mount. Then download maps.me and ioverlander to start. (You can try ioverlander on your phone, maybe maps.me too)

jimi breeze

jimi breeze
Hi, recently we have bought a truck to transform housing. I just bought a xiaomi air 13.3 laptop with good features. Which system is most optimal for navigation? Can I match a GPS to the PC? Are there offline programs for a laptop, incorporating a GPS usb? In principle the use would be to travel the rest of our lives all over the world! I also have an android phone, like plan B. Thanks, regards.

Also a very cool video of the ZugVogelFest. Looks like a hoot.

jimi breeze

jimi breeze

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles