Help... Dimensions needed on the Rotopax upright base mount for DIY project

Rotopax and stores everywhere are all backordered on the Rotopax mounts and I don't have time to wait for them to be available. I was able to buy just the Deluxe T Handle no problem, and a friend is going to fabricate the upright base mount portion for me. It's not the end of the world, but I can't find the dimensions for the upright mount anywhere! I tried contacting Rotopax for the info, and they just tried to sell me the single piece I need instead, which wasn't a bad price, but after expedited shipping costs, it wasn't justifiable since I can make one for a few bucks.

Their office closed for the weekend before I could ask one more time if they could give me the measurements, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me the L x W x H on the upright base mount?

Someone thankfully answered my question, but if anyone else needs to know, the screws on the handles are 5/16th carriage bolts, and for the upright base mount portion, they are 2" tall, 4" long, and 3/4" wide. The holes on the bottom of the upright base mounts where you bolt them to mounting brackets or base plates are spaced 2.5" apart from center to center

I just found this round mount plate drill template online if it will help anyone who needs it...

Attachments

• Rotopax round mount plate drill template.pdf
    25.6 KB · Views: 24
Here's the completed product... I'm really happy with this roof rack mount that my friend made! I ended up being able to find the upright mount somewhere, so he didn't have to make one.

Roof Mount #1.jpg
Roof Mount #3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior