Help Deciding a camping conversion manufacturer for a Pickup

darkostoj

Hey guys, just signed up and super excited to get some more information and start planning a build.

I have a southern rust free 7.3L F350 4x4 Dually and want to add a camper box to it.

I wanted to eliminate the pickup bed completely and install a new unit.

Any recommended manufacturers or where to start? There seem to be so many options and was hoping to get some ideas.

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 9101

Add a flat bed and a truck camper... Pretty easy and still lets you use your F350 to tow a goose neck.

D

Deleted member 9101

That's the plan. I like the idea of having the flat bed...plus more room on the interior of the camper as well.

Yeppers. I have seen some really nice set ups using aluminum flat beds and pretty large tool boxes.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Hey guys, just signed up and super excited to get some more information and start planning a build.

I have a southern rust free 7.3L F350 4x4 Dually and want to add a camper box to it.

I wanted to eliminate the pickup bed completely and install a new unit.

Any recommended manufacturers or where to start? There seem to be so many options and was hoping to get some ideas.

Thanks!
Whatever route you go please post pics along the way!

Darkostoj,

No mention of a budget, but if you want ideas;

Recent post from Truck Camper Adventure.

If your budget is tighter you may? get Capri to build you a flat bed Retreat.

Or, if you can do the work and are cheep like me you can source an old fiberglass camper body and mount it on your truck.

Craigslist is a great source if you are patience.

Good luck and safe travels,

Zuber

Protech aluminum flatbed, All Terrain Camper flatbed shell. If you order the basics this may cost under $12k. With my custom changes to everything, plus toolboxes and my labor it came to about $15k. The shell is bare inside and is about 800-900 lbs. The flatbed weighed less than the pickup bed. Toolboxes added about 300 lbs. All this allows me to tow a 7000# trailer and build out the camper as I want.

DSCN0414 (3).JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior