Helmet cam Videos of our area: add yours

T.Low

Expedition Leader
Last fall Sinue posted about his new single track slaying 530 KTM and R. Lebrve replied with a link to some fast single track video, if I recall correctly. All that got me thinking about sharing some vids of our area. While I still haven't gotten a helmet cam, I thought I'd share a link to a couple Home Brew Helmet Cam videos shot by a guy I've riden with. I think his videos exemplify the area we ride in NW Washington, and are of specific trails I ride often. Don't get me wrong, there are many mountain roads to ride in Washinton, but this is the area we ride on a weekly basis as its fun and convenient.

Even though there are specific reasons why I chose to buy a medium sized enduro (GasGas 450), I think these videos do a good job of showing where smaller can be better. They're tight, rocky, rooted, and rutted trails. They can be intense, and are a heck of a lot of fun. I'v had motocross guys tell me on more than one occassion that they don't know how we ride that stuff it's so rocky and rooty.

Info that I thought was interesting:
Now I know why we always need to go to the microbrewery after a ride to refuel with a burger and brew. My brother in law began wearing his heart rate monitor during our rides. We rode with some of our slower friends for 3.5 hrs and his heart rate monitor said he burned 2450 calories. We rode with just ourselves on a faster more intense ride for 5 hrs and it said he burned 3200 calories. No wonder I can be so whipped after a ride.

Feal free to add all comments and videos from your area, or any scavenged videos you've found that you think are interesting; Big Trailie rides, tight stuff, day trips long trips, little bikes, big bikes, whatever.

The helmet cam rider here is riding a KTM 200.

http://www.youtube.com/enduroguy35#p/c/21D5CD6DD2E4F640/1/BBgWvOLfNeg

http://www.youtube.com/enduroguy35#p/c/21D5CD6DD2E4F640/10/gnieYoETwXg

Hope you guys enjoy these short vids.

Cheers

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94