hello out there

sopexped

hi guys. just a quick intro. Forester here in wa who loves Whitewater kayaking. own Jeeps and what not in the past, but just aquired my second monty. i have an ls and an sr. will have lots of questions in the future about tire size and small mods, i will try not to ask dumb questions without using the search key, but u never know. i have the ls set up as a two seater with a sleeping rack (work rig). would like to run 33 tires on both here soon just gotta wear out the 31 s. also i have winches on both using my own monster garage tech for mounting in a somewhat hidden fashion. if anyone has questions or seeks help on any of these items let me know, I'll help where i can. thanks in advance seems you have a cool community here.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
hi guys. just a quick intro. Forester here in wa who loves Whitewater kayaking. own Jeeps and what not in the past, but just aquired my second monty. i have an ls and an sr. will have lots of questions in the future about tire size and small mods, i will try not to ask dumb questions without using the search key, but u never know. i have the ls set up as a two seater with a sleeping rack (work rig). would like to run 33 tires on both here soon just gotta wear out the 31 s. also i have winches on both using my own monster garage tech for mounting in a somewhat hidden fashion. if anyone has questions or seeks help on any of these items let me know, I'll help where i can. thanks in advance seems you have a cool community here.
The LS will probably benefit from a BL to run 33's
The SR will run them w/out additional mods... (well, you may need to upgrade to a wider rim if your tire shop won't mount them).

welcome to Expo friend. Lets see some pics!
Agreed. Especially the winch setup.

sopexped

alright fellas, appreciate the feedback. bear with me on the pics. I'm better at counting trees than computing.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I have a 98 SR running 33x10.5x15 stock rim's, no rubbing, looks like they were made for it. Would love to see your hidden winch.
Welcome to the fast growing third (?) wave of Montero Owners.

Here's mine with 33's
Montero-New-tires-05-L.jpg

Montero-New-tires-06-L.jpg

VanHans

I just put 33 10.5s on my '95 SR with no lift. Fit is perfect and no rubbing. You can click in my sig for pictures.

I would also be very interested in seeing pics of your winch mount. I'm starting to explore options for a winch on mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles