Hello Everyone, new guy here, and here's my 4Runner too

DacoRoman

Hello everybody,

New Member here!

I have pretty good, but not advanced, general trail 4x4 experience and I am just getting into Overlanding and I think I have the basics done for some fun in the backcountry I think.

Here is my 4Runner with a few basic mods that I'm hoping will be GTG for most of what I want to do:

Rhinorack Heavy Duty Trackmount 3 Bar Roof Rack
Toytec lift kit for TRD Pro 4Runners
ARB Differential Breather Kit 1 68.40 68.40T
Nitto Ridge Grappler LT255/80R17 121/118Q E tires
Freespirit Adventure Series Tent 55"
The 5th tire fits very well in the spare tire well btw.
YVmc1mF.jpg

W8FTjt2.jpg

BTW the work was done by Sierra Expeditions in Mesa AZ. They really know what they are doing over there and the work went very smoothly and the truck drives great. They did the work for a very competitive (great) price as well. I highly recommend them!

Question regarding tire pressures however. When I had my 265/70's I ran them at 33 psi and aired down to 20 psi for most off roading with great success. What do you "pizza cutter" owners do with your 255/80/r17 air pressure wise?
Thanks and I'll be here quite a lot trying to learn a lot!

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I run 36psi in my 275’s. Love the Pro btw, threads like these always make me rethink whether or not I should sell mine lol.

DacoRoman

I run 36psi in my 275’s. Love the Pro btw, threads like these always make me rethink whether or not I should sell mine lol.

Thanks for the input!

So I forgot to mention that the shop aired it up to 39-40psi for the road, and they recommended 18psi for trails.

I just took it on Broken Arrow Trail in Sedona and aired down to 18 psi and the truck behaved like a damn billy goat on those rock climbs/obstacles.

I was just trying to see what others do out there since this is my first pair of 255's.

Well, if you sell your 4runner, what will you get instead!?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Thanks for the input!

So I forgot to mention that the shop aired it up to 39-40psi for the road, and they recommended 18psi for trails.

I just took it on Broken Arrow Trail in Sedona and aired down to 18 psi and the truck behaved like a damn billy goat on those rock climbs/obstacles.

I was just trying to see what others do out there since this is my first pair of 255's.

Well, if you sell your 4runner, what will you get instead!?

I have gone as low as 15psi on the rocks and I usually drop to 20 in the sand.

I'll likely go back to a diesel 3/4-ton if the 4Runner sells. My thoughts on this subject change by the minute lol.

DacoRoman

I have gone as low as 15psi on the rocks and I usually drop to 20 in the sand.

I'll likely go back to a diesel 3/4-ton if the 4Runner sells. My thoughts on this subject change by the minute lol.

Check! Thanks for the input.
And good luck with the 4runner sale, you should have absolutely no problem selling it. I'd buy it, but I don't need two.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Check! Thanks for the input.
And good luck with the 4runner sale, you should have absolutely no problem selling it. I'd buy it, but I don't need two.

If I sell it wont be until the end of the year. I'll give it a go on the forums and Cars.com/Autotrader before I go the trade-in route.

That said, I have a complete build list for the 4Runner and should I start on that list I won't be selling it haha. It could go either way honestly and I am cool with it however it shakes out.

Last edited:

Neosapian

Innate Outdoor Co
I'm really stoked to see that you are running 255's on your truck. I was dead set on 255's at the beginning of my project 4th Gen and was really close to going the pizza cutter route, but when I got to Discount Tire I caved and ordered 285's because I like the way they look just little bit more. Looking back, and considering where and how I currently use my truck, I believe 255's would have been a slightly better choice, with a look that I really enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior