HeliNomad RAM PowerWagon Build

jadmt

ignore button user
Nope zero issues and it’s pretty far from the pan hard bar and hasn’t moved. I did have to remove it to run a wire...actully came out pretty easily with a little rubber mallet tapping (okay banging). I drops with it's own gravity. Comes down way easier than going up. Make sure you remove the air and have on board air.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
any chance I could get a photo of how close to the panhard bar? I have a hard time believing my Toyo R/T is bigger than an MT but I am wedged against the back of the receiver and the panhard bar. thanks.

Halligan

Adventurer
One thing you guys could try doing to keep the spare away from the panhard bar is to first deflate the tire so it has some squish. Then take a small ratchet strap and feed it through the rim and around the reciever hitch. Then tighten it down so it smooshes the deflated tire against the hitch, thus pulling away from panhard bar.

I'm not saying this will work but it might if you only need an inch or so. I'd carry a sharp knife to cut the strap in case the ratchet becomes corroded and won't work. And of course a way to inflate the tire.

HeliNomad

Adventurer
any chance I could get a photo of how close to the panhard bar? I have a hard time believing my Toyo R/T is bigger than an MT but I am wedged against the back of the receiver and the panhard bar. thanks.

Plenty of room. I thought it was impossible too but it’s just angle it in there. I didn’t have to do anything except tap it in with a rubber mallet. It comes out easily but if you end up changing a spare on the trail you are likely going to just put the punctured tire in your truck bed.

7e7331e40ea103f084f939061047ce1a.jpg
febd6520fb9c0ed91a1c31abe3175bbc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ripper1600

Adventure Seeker
This build looks great. I like how clean your pillar light install is and you antenna, minimal and efficient.

jadmt

ignore button user
Plenty of room. I thought it was impossible too but it’s just angle it in there. I didn’t have to do anything except tap it in with a rubber mallet. It comes out easily but if you end up changing a spare on the trail you are likely going to just put the punctured tire in your truck bed.

7e7331e40ea103f084f939061047ce1a.jpg
febd6520fb9c0ed91a1c31abe3175bbc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
thanks. got it in. I pulled the valve stem core and I sprayed a little fluid film on the tire lol. once in place I put about 20psi in the tire.

Etoimos

Observer
Very nice build you have going here. I just recently picked up my 2022 PW and started the build process. I went back and forth on the Ram Boxes, but opted not to get them because I knew I was going to get a RSI Smartcap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles