HeliNomad RAM PowerWagon Build

HeliNomad

Adventurer
They are Matte Black. Here's a better photo with flatter light. I like the flat black since it matches that lower black stripe on these trucks. Personally I think the 35"s are the way to go. Especially if you are going with Toyo Mts which are a true 35" as compared to the BFG. No compromise.

IMG_2791.jpeg

BuckinghamBuilt

They are Matte Black. Here's a better photo with flatter light. I like the flat black since it matches that lower black stripe on these trucks. Personally I think the 35"s are the way to go. Especially if you are going with Toyo Mts which are a true 35" as compared to the BFG. No compromise.

View attachment 617271

I have the lower black stripe on my 2020 which is why I was asking. Love the look of the Toyo MT's but will most likely being going with the Wildpeak ATW3s

Antwon412

I have the lower black stripe on my 2020 which is why I was asking. Love the look of the Toyo MT's but will most likely being going with the Wildpeak ATW3s
I have Wildpeaks in a 285/75r18. A skinny 35 on my 2020 Rebel.
Great tires. Quieter than the stock Duratracs. Look good. Ride smooth.

Antwon412

Cool. I have a stock 2020 Rebel also, do you think you need the additional lift to pull off those 35's on stock rims?

I would be surprised if you could shove them in there without a lot of rubbing. You might be able to do some good trimming to make them fit but I’m not sure.

I bought the ready lift kit which is just a 2 inch spacer but I went ahead and added the readylift UCAs as well. I figured since I was in there I might as well do it. They say it’s not needed with a 2 inch level but why not.

When my bank account recovers, I’d like to do a suspension lift instead of the stock Billstien/spacer combo.

hope this isn’t forbidden - check out 5thgenrams.com. Lots of good 1500 info.

Last edited:

jadmt

ignore button user
My buddy had 285/75-18 Toyos and the were taller than my toyo 35/12.5-17’s. Not sure why it is not more popular as its a great size.

Big Swede

Oh and here are my dimensions for the bracket incase anyone wants to copy this. Please pardon the chicken scratch...this was a little napkin engineering.
View attachment 608040

looking at your bracket and the sketch, is the stock you used an inch or inch and a half wide?

and the 2 3/8” piece, is that the pieces of reinforcement you added or is that the length of the sides where the light bar mounts?

thanks in advance.

HeliNomad

Adventurer
I used 1" material for my build. The 2 3/8 was the distance from the mounting hole of the light to the bend of the bracket... You will want to measure and verify this on your light to make sure you have enough swing clearance for pointing. Obviously you'll want this to be as low profile as possible so it looks the best.

Big Swede

I used 1" material for my build. The 2 3/8 was the distance from the mounting hole of the light to the bend of the bracket... You will want to measure and verify this on your light to make sure you have enough swing clearance for pointing. Obviously you'll want this to be as low profile as possible so it looks the best.

Thanks! Oddly enough, I have a similar light to yours, so I’ll verify that measurement before I get going. Appreciate your help!

UglyViking

@HeliNomad How do you like those sliders as steps? I'm 6'1" with some long legs but these trucks are tall to begin with and 37s don't help. Curious to know how they are working out for you as steps as I'm looking at doing the sliders in the coming months.

HeliNomad

Adventurer
@HeliNomad How do you like those sliders as steps? I'm 6'1" with some long legs but these trucks are tall to begin with and 37s don't help. Curious to know how they are working out for you as steps as I'm looking at doing the sliders in the coming months.
Love them really. They are perfect IMO as a step. They don't stick out too far but with the added grip tape they are very sure footed. My 6 year old also doesn't have an issue climbing in and out. I would add the grip tape though...without them in the rain...slippery.

UglyViking

Thats good to hear. I was initially planning amp steps but after a few recent trails I'm leaning pretty hard to steps. Good to hear they are working well for you as steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online