Heavy duty base mount drawer slides

TantoTrailers

I bought a gear box for the bed of the truck, I want to mount it on slides so I can pull it out when the tailgate is down. Looking for 48" base mount slides ideally but will settle for 40" if that's the longest option I can find. I would like to have a locking feature when it is closed or fully open and more importantly I need to be able to hit a clip to release the box from the rails much like you can do with most standard tool chest drawers. The bed is a constantly changing environment depending on my task for the day so I dont want to be unbolting the whole rail system each time I need to remove the box.

Found these with the lock but doesnt seem as though they have the ability to release the box easily

These are about as basic as they get, no lock, no release.

In my experience, Accuride is the way to go. I have used their Heavy Duty slides for quite a few things, and they are excellent. They have quite a few options, and offer some of the slides up to 60" length. Give them a call and tell them exactly what you want, and they will make it happen.

HAF

I recently took delivery of two Accuride 1300 pound capacity slides-super heavy duty. I am building a slide out platform and steps. The slides look well made.

TantoTrailers

I recently took delivery of two Accuride 1300 pound capacity slides-super heavy duty. I am building a slide out platform and steps. The slides look well made.
Are you mounting the slides flat on a surface as a base mount or are you mounting them on the sides like traditional slides?

HAF

Mounting on their sides. If flat mounting, the load rating goes down to about 450 pounds.

TantoTrailers

That's 4x more than the box will ever hold! Can you send me the model you purchased? I think those might be perfect.

HAF

The model name is al420. Go to their website to see the different lengths and full dimensions. They durable and operable if even dirty.

HAF

Pictures of the Accurides installed. A set of electric actuators will control the motion of this.

Attachments

• IMG-2552.jpg
    IMG-2552.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG-2553.jpg
    IMG-2553.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG-2554.jpg
    IMG-2554.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 30

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I would personally stick with a bracket that could bolt into a captured nut in the bed of the truck. If you set it up correctly, you could bolt it down with probably 4 bolts
And your removal time could be give or take 5 min.

one note on the accurides, some of the locking models require gravity to lock, so installing flat might mean they don’t lock, as does installing them “upside down” on the “wrong” side of the pair. Ask me how I figured that one out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94