Heavily Customized VanDoIt Liv 2018 (on 2017 Ford T350 Base) - $120K obo

cormpus

!!!!VIDEO!!!!!: https://vimeo.com/657181740
Even more photos: https://bit.ly/VanPhotos2022

Base Vehicle: 2017 Ford Transit T350 149.6" wheelbase, high roof. 3.7 liter V6 DOHC 24 valve engine. 235.5" Overall Length. 81.3" overall width. 25 gallon fuel tank. 275 HP @ 6000 RPM; 260 lb-ft torque @ 4000 RPM. BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires (with full-sized spare) 245/75/16. 56,000 miles. Converted by VanDoIt 2018. The conversion is built out of the industry-leading 80/20 brand extruded aluminum t-track (series 15 and 45), which is ridiculously sturdy and easy to customize. If you want to move something around or add something on, it is extraordinarily easy to do so.
Drivetrain Upgrades:
Suspension upgrades: Agile Offroad STS Level 1 - Ford Transit - V5. This kit includes Fox Shock Rear shock absorbers and Bilstein Front struts (installed May 2020). Supersprings, heavy-duty anti-sway kit: SuperSprings SSA43 (installed January 2021...and by far our favorite addition to the van!). The Transit feels like a sprinter now....ha!
Quigley 4x4: Quigley-installed aftermarket 4 wheel drive with 4 low and 4 high, with 2 inch lift. Bombproof. The best in the industry!! Installed 2018. Don't get stuck in the snow, mud, or sand!!
Custom Fairing: Colorado Fairing Company custom front wind fairing, installed June 2021. Virtually eliminates wind noise at highway speeds and increases fuel economy.
Seating: The van converts from 2 seats to 7. All the seats are a chocolate-colored leather from Katzkin upholstery. The rear seats remove and reinstall easily. The front passenger seat swivels.
Camper capacity: Easily sleeps 3 or 4 with a dedicated queen bed on electrically actuated (one-finger) hydraulic lift, accessible from inside the van. Another 1 or 2 can comfortably sleep in the cargo bed.
Kitchen:
Sink: VanDoIt kitchen pod with Dometic glass-top, fold-down sink. Hot water and cold water with 6 gallon grey tank. Wash your hands and dishes indoors, with HOT water.
Cutting Board: Integrated, fold-down cutting board/work surface.
Refrigerator and/or Freezer: 25L and 55L Dometic fridges. One serves as a fridge, and one as a freezer. Kitchen pod integrates 25L cooler on heavy-duty slideout tracks. Popsicles and coldbeers on the road!
Electricity:
Inverter: Go Power IC 2000 2000w inverter with 100a Charger. Wonderful inverter with fantastic customer support.
Battery: 300Ah of Battleborn Lithium Ion Phosphate batteries (installed May 2020 with transferable warranty - 10 years). I've never run out!
Solar: 340 watts of rooftop solar panels from Go Power. Upgraded GP-PWM-30-UL Pulse width modulated solar charger controller with Bluetooth connectivity, installed June 2021.
Charging: The batteries are charged in three ways, automatically: by the engine when it is running, by the solar panels, and by shore power when the van is plugged into the main electrical grid.
Electrical Outlets: 5 120 v electrical outlets, each on a separate breaker.
Lighting (interior): Flush-mounted dome lighting for hi-visibility moments, with dimmer. Hidden mood lighting with dimmer, Red. Moody, baby, moody!
Stereo/AV/TV: JD Audio public address amplifier and speakers, Kenwood head unit with Carplay. This thing pumps out sound! Also includes integrated HDMI and USB outlets for integration with modern A/V devices. TV set with HDMI for DVD and/or Ipad.
Water/plumbing:
Hot water is heated three ways using the Rixens Enterprises ComfortHot system: 1. when driving, the van engine coolant heats through a heat exchanger (free hot water); 2. when extra heating is required, there is a Espar S-3 marine hot water furnace that uses fuel from the vehicle gasoline tank, and 3. using electrical heating from the batteries. This is a marine-grade hot water system, using a glycol tank with heat exchangers. No the fresh water system is separated from heated glycol by heat exchangers. The system is quiet and reliable...and the hot water gets as hot as you'd ever want it.
Exterior accessories:
Fresh Water: 20 gallons freshwater holding tank with unlimited city water capacity, with tanks that are inside heated space.
Greywater: Greywater 7 gallons
Black Water Tanks: NONE
Exterior Shower: There is an exterior shower designed and built by VanDoIt, which, when on city water, offers unlimited hot water showers! Be naked; be outside!!
Heating: Espar hot air furnace fueled by the vehicle's gasoline tank, controlled by a thermostat with 1 button on-off actuation. This thing gets really hot!! I typically set it about 10 degrees below the temperature in my house...and it keeps things very comfy. My coldest night was 5*F, and I was sweating.
Cooling: Dometic New unit replaced July 2020, located just over the bed, for cool, restful sleeping.
Ventilation: One reversible Fantastic Fan keeps air moving in the van.
Cabinets: Two large, easily customized hanging cabinets, plus several side-mounted cabinet areas. Plenty of storage for your gear and goods.
Custom Gear Slide: One large, heavy-capacity gear slide in cargo bay, with locking latches. 750 pound capacity. Makes easy work of loading and unloading cargo.
Windows: All windows have insulated blackout/privacy covers manufactured by VanDoIt. Provide privacy and insulation.
Air Compressor: Viair compressor with 1 gallon (?) tank. Easily fills bike tires and enables beach-driving confidence.
Bikes: Because the cargo bed is made of 80/20 extruded aluminum t-track, bikes can be mounted literally in any way you want. Four fork-mounted bike-racks are included (one is quick-release, two are non-boost 15mm thru-axle, and one is boost 15mm t/a). Bikes can also be easily loaded in the cargo bay and strapped up with both wheels on, when required.
Exterior lights: Zombie apocalypse lighting eliminates all darkness on 4 sides of the van.
Awnings: Two awnings. Passenger side has a Thule hideaway 10.7 foot awning installed June 2021, easily cranked open and closed from the ground. Driver's side is an Alucab 270 degree batwing awning that is free-standing and that allows dew-free open-door sleeping.
Spare Tire Swing Arm: Full-size BFG KO2 spare mounted on Wilco Offroad Hitchgate Solo with Dual Rotopax Mounting Kit. Easily accepts bike racks and it. does. not. wiggle. I cured everyone's complaint about the Solo (a difficult-to-seat locking pin) by adding a Stainless Steel, 1000 pound locking toggle (added July 2021), making the tire rack 10x more secure and (most importantly) still easy to swing away when needed.

Attachments

• IMG_1987.JPG
    IMG_1987.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 851
  • Adventure Van -1.jpg
    Adventure Van -1.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 878
  • Adventure Van -8.jpg
    Adventure Van -8.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 816
  • Adventure Van -9.jpg
    Adventure Van -9.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 775
  • Adventure Van -13.jpg
    Adventure Van -13.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 791
  • Adventure Van -15.jpg
    Adventure Van -15.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 892
  • Adventure Van -17.jpg
    Adventure Van -17.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 918
  • Adventure Van -18.jpg
    Adventure Van -18.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 836
  • Adventure Van -21.jpg
    Adventure Van -21.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 698

Delsh

Very versatile design and layout - nice build! What are the dimensions of the bed, as there appear to be no bump outs? GLWS.

cormpus

Are the photos pre or post used as a rental?
The Photos and the video are all from the past several months. The google drive link to the pdf is from our family adventure last summer in Colorado when I met my brother to ride bikes on BLM lands. As for renting it, it was something I did periodically over the past years to supplement the purchase money loan. And only selectively. I stopped renting it early last year because one idiot broke my hydraulics for the bed lift...and they had to be replaced.

cormpus

Did I forget to mention that it is a Quigley 4x4 van? It has a Quigley-installed aftermarket 4 wheel drive with 4 low and 4 high, with 2 inch lift. Bombproof. The best in the industry!! Installed 2018. Don't get stuck in the snow, mud, or sand!!

cormpus

In order to really make the van ride comfortably and drive without excessive sway, I installed the Agile Offroad STS Level 1 - Ford Transit - V5 suspension kit and heavy-duty Supersprings. The Agile kit includes Fox Shock Rear shock absorbers and Bilstein Front struts (installed May 2020). The Supersprings are a heavy-duty anti-sway kit: SuperSprings SSA43 (installed January 2021).

cormpus

One more thing I forgot to mention, I just had a new rear camera installed over New Year. Now, instead of having the backup camera blocked. by the spare tire, I can see what's behind me. It is also cool because it is mounted above the rear doors, and so we can totally see in a panorama. I typically use the head unit as a full-time rearview monitor because it has a setting where it shows the camera view even when the van isn't in reverse.

cormpus

The family and I took the van to Edisto Beach where we found a last-minute, 2-night, beach-adjacent campsite. We enjoyed endless hot water and very mild weather. The van was a joy! My new rig, the Ram 3500-based truck camper, is waiting patiently. This van is still available.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 7.20.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 7.20.49 AM.png
    4 MB · Views: 175
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 7.21.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 7.21.07 AM.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 169
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 7.23.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 7.23.37 AM.png
    3 MB · Views: 166

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Question - I just installed a similar Eazy-Awn 270 awning on our lifted Transit AWD. It's really high up there! I am able to open it by going on the roofrack, but I need a solution to push up the bar in the middle from underneath. How do you maneuver that?

cormpus

Question - I just installed a similar Eazy-Awn 270 awning on our lifted Transit AWD. It's really high up there! I am able to open it by going on the roofrack, but I need a solution to push up the bar in the middle from underneath. How do you maneuver that?
I use either a telescoping ladder or an adjustable 4', folding painter's scaffold. The scaffold is awesome because it will double-time as a stand-up table for food prep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online