Heat for RTT

2Cougs

Thanks for the info Dcoy. Do you have any suggested resources for installation of Heatsource heater to heat RTT installed on top of LC?

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I have used my Mr Buddy in my RTT. I also use a fan to circulate the air so it does not all to the top of the tent. After a couple of hours I have to turn it off as I am sweating in a 60 degree tent The heater has a O2 sensor and the tent is not sealed so I don;t worry about suffocating.

dcoy

Adventurer
Thanks for the info Dcoy. Do you have any suggested resources for installation of Heatsource heater to heat RTT installed on top of LC?

Probably the portable furnace box would be easiest. It's also most versatile because we use it for the roof top tent and ground tents as well. You can put the box on the ground and have the hose and thermostat travel up to the tent or you could place it on the roof as well. I'd ask the guys at Adventure Trailers for other ideas (I think phone contact is best). Unless you are heating a specific closed box such as a teardrop or maybe a "Habitat", I think they would probably recommend the portable box. But nothing is set in stone, obviously. Hope this answers your question.

Crikeymike

Adventurer
If the RTT has an annex under it, put the Mr Buddy down there, and let the heat rise up into the tent without it risking burning thru anything (support it near the ladder), then vent a window in the tent too. The heat will rise up and warm the wife up, then go out the window and not kill you.

mouse007

Explorer
If the RTT has an annex under it, put the Mr Buddy down there, and let the heat rise up into the tent without it risking burning thru anything (support it near the ladder), then vent a window in the tent too. The heat will rise up and warm the wife up, then go out the window and not kill you.

Good idea, I was thinking of this as well. I don't know if I like the electrical blanket, not sure how I feel about covering my body in electricity all night long.

yfarm

Observer
I've used heated mattress pads and electric blankets in poorly heated cabins and sleep better with the pad. Heat rises, the pad allows you to sleep with less insulation on top and heats underneath so no cold conduction

mrAcksel

Blankets are good, in my RV I`ve got one infrared Heater, it uses less energy theт gas heater. But going asleep - the blanket is the best choice. At the next week I`ll be finaly at home - and share some photos. I`ve got an ordinary e-blanket like those https://www.bestadvisers.co.uk/electric-blankets and lengthened the сщкв and soldered it to the battery, which during the day is recharged from the solar panel on the roof. Profit.

Nikkshepherd

Observer
I'm toying with the idea of an ammo can rocket stove. Essentially a miniature and extremely efficient wood burning stove that would heat the inside of a camper/tent or in my case wildernest well. Since they are so efficient, they let off little smoke. Something to look into.

lhanson

Adventurer
I been rocking the buddy heater in sub freezing conditions and it works extremely well. I just crack windows open to get fresh airflow in and also run a battery carbon monixide detector as a secondary precaution to the low o2 shut off on heater. Never had an issue yet. I would like an electric option eventually but they just are so demanding and expensive to get a kit together. Other issue is on extended trips you wouldn't be able to run it for days without a ton of batteries. Propane last a long time, is affordable and works well. Just be smart how you use it and it will be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles