Have you Steen it? Oct 4-7, 2018

G0to60

Observer
My wife and I are just now getting into overlanding stuff (we're building her Jeep to accommodate that) and this looks like a great trip. We drove by Steens Mtn on our way back from Moab this last June but stuck to the highway. We might have to try this route sometime.

ghcoe

Adventurer
Looks like an awesome trip. Did the red spider mites bite everyone's skin right at the water level. We were there 10 days after you on a moto trip had a good soak, got quite a few bites, but worth it.
The three of us where in the water for at least a hour. I didn't have any issues and the others did not report on anything out of the ordinary. I have heard of the mites being there though. Maybe certain weather conditions influence their activity.

You could have told me you were in Chile with some of these pics. No idea Oregon had spots like this. Thanks for the pics and trip report.

It was a bit chilly in the mornings.... :)

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Thanks for the write up(s) and sharing! The Alvord and Steens area is a bit of a hidden gem. Oregon and all the PNW has so much to see, and any climate you could think of. Happy Trails & Safe Travels

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles