Have to ask...but not sure which category...Potty breaks?

coop74

Old Camping Dude
OK...I have Trasharoo hooked up and ready. Guess I will double bag then deposit in trasharoo...then when I get home...do what with the bags? Not sure I can put in my city trash collection bin.

If you use something to make it not so liquid you can dispose of it in municipal waste collections.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Many times in the woods, I will dig a hole and bury the liquid and double bag the rest till the first gas station. But it is double Wag bagged and then in a tied bag, so I feel OK with. I have left it in the bottom of the Luggable Loo till I got home depending on how "messy" it will be. I try to be a good guy..... but I just bought my wife a Thetford 550P - flushes, odor free and the "right" height. http://www.amazon.com/Thetford-9285...1-1-catcorr&keywords=portable+toilet+thetford
If you use something to make it not so liquid you can dispose of it in municipal waste collections.

Chili

Explorer
OK...I have Trasharoo hooked up and ready. Guess I will double bag then deposit in trasharoo...then when I get home...do what with the bags? Not sure I can put in my city trash collection bin.

Don't see why not. Where do used disposable diapers go?

PIC4GOD

Adventurer
I put my portable toilet, wag bags, and all my trash in the Trasharoo. I usually have two kitchen garbage bags in the Trasharoo.... one for trash and one for recycle. The wag bags contain everything fine and go in with the rest of the trash. I then stop at the nearest dumpster on my way out to drop the trash. Sometimes at a regular campground, rest stop, or gas station. Very rarely have I had to cart everything home.

fog cutter

Adventurer
i have gone through a bunch of porta threads found with the search function. based on production volume, i can't figure out how to get this much through a hole that small. i'm convinced the bucket & bag are my way to go.

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
Used a deep hole with a three legged seat and a trash bag with the bottom cut out. The seat was comfy the bag acted as a funnel and we have a ikea steel utensil holder with a lighter for the mountain money. End of the stay the holder goes in the main fire for a good burn and hole get buried dirt then big rocks. You'll never find my poo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't tell you how many times I've backpacked into an area to find half-burned TP or a poorly dug cat-hole where animals have dug at the waste.

There's a reason it has become the law to pack out human waste in more and more areas - far fewer people are capable of handling their own crap like adults, and are screwing it up for everyone else.

So you say you only want to go where other people don't, and maybe you actually manage that, but the reality is that most of us aren't intrepid explorers blazing new trails into unknown lands - we're temporary tourists visiting beautiful places, occasionally within the same few-months as other people, and so in order not to pooch the experience for everyone, we strive to leave no trace.

I agree 100%. It's one of my pet peves. You go camping remote, or not so remote... lots of people around, or just yourself, and no matter what, you can always find someone else's poop in or near your campsite. Your poop takes MUCH longer to decompose than you think. It WILL be in someone else's campsite unless you carry it out. Its really not difficult at all. Homer bucket, bags and kitty litter. No odor, no problem.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Well I found myself out on a trail ride
Bouncin’ round in my new Jeep.
I had too much coffee; let me pee.
And though we haven’t gone too far yet
I’ve a yearning deep inside of me.
I had too much coffee; let me pee

Let me pee, let me pee
Let me pee, oh let me pee
I drank too much coffee; let me pee

And when the meadows turn to hardwoods
I start to look out for a tree.
I’ll slip out so discreetly, take a pee.
Even though I hopped out in a heartbeat,
A bunch of kids surrounded me,
Asking ‘bout the landscape; I can’t pee…

Let me pee, let me pee

And so we get back in formation,
Heading down by old Jones’ Creek.
It’ll be a good half hour ‘til I pee.
But when we get out at the campsite
I can’t believe what’s in front of me,
It’s a porta-potty, I can pee!

Let me pee, let me pee

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Reliance Products Hassock Portable Lightweight Self-Contained Toilet
Reliance Double Doodie Toilet Waste Bags-No Gel
Reliance Products Bio-Blue Toilet Deodorant Chemicals (12-Pack)
TMS Portable Green Outdoor Pop Up Tent Camping Shower Privacy Toilet Changing Room

With the self contain toilet and chemicals. I can travel with it ready to go and only change the bag when it gets full which is never. For just the two of us. The double bag works great and doesn't leak. Inner bag holds all the mess. Outer bag zips up when done and you can toss it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles