Have to ask...but not sure which category...Potty breaks?

Scottydog13

Observer
I'm sorry to ask, but I can't find this information. I will be doing some 2-5 day camping trips in the next few months and have done very little camping. Shelter covered (RTT), gear pretty well covered, food and recipes pretty well covered as well. I'm just not sure what to do when nature calls...

hks3sgte

César Gómez
mission07%20001%20171.jpg

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
On more serious note:

We keep a Thetford 135 porta potti in the van, between the front seats. While driving, it is covered with a box that makes it look like a center console. When camping, it sits ON the box to raise it up a few inches.

ripperj

Explorer
If I had known about cassette toilets when my son was 3, I would have been driving around with one in the back of the suv all the time. The one I have now is designed for permanent install in my truck camper, but could easily be attached to a simple plywood frame with handles. Add flush water and a cigarette plug and you are good to go.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Also check out the PETT toilet and WAG bag system. Compact and square when folded, packs very well in the vehicle. It helps to have a Trasharoo outside the vehicle to store the contents on longer trips like the Rubicon where you cannot leave anything behind.

If using the traditional "cathole" method, use the rule about not being within 100 feet of water, and try to cover the spot with a rock so critters don't dig it up later. Pro Tip. Do 1 and 2 as seperate actions!

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Finally went back far enough to find a decent picture of the Thetford. This is the smallest model:
7iGgXDRl.jpg

You can see the riser it sits on. That goes over the top when driving and allows me to strap everything down. Doubles as a center console when I put a little cubby tray on it too.

perkj

Explorer
Also check out the PETT toilet and WAG bag system. Compact and square when folded, packs very well in the vehicle. It helps to have a Trasharoo outside the vehicle to store the contents on longer trips like the Rubicon where you cannot leave anything behind.

+1 on the PETT.
scroll_image_toilet.gif

...and then mate it with one of these (or similar):
Trekker-Fold-A-Privy.jpg

as a data point, every girl/woman that my family goes camping with absolutely love this thing

BTW - you can get the WAG bags super cheap on ebay, typically the military issue ones in the green bags (vs blue). they are the exact same thing but at 1/10th the price.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Walmart has a potty tent, potty, and double-doodie bags.
I've been using them since one morning when I found myself losing a staring contest with a timber rattler during the delicate act...

Our potty is an old seat and a pickle barrel donated by Jason's Deli.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I will give another vote for the PETT & wagbags...good to hear about ebay as a bag source

I later switched to a hospital type folding beside commode as it packs easier and is more stable for me as a guy with a prosthetic leg.

Camadile

Supporting Sponsor - Mojoe Outfitters
Here's my set up - I call it the "One Cheek Sneak" chair:

One Cheek Sneek Chair.jpg

Left cheek on the front corner, right cheek in the air! Doubles as a very strong camp chair.

Cam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles