Hauling A Motorcycle With A Truck Camper

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Most of the campers in this thread don't appear to be going anywhere that a decent utility trailer can't go just as easy.

Keep in mind, how much load that trailer will take off of your truck and camper. Your gen, bike, awning, cooler, redundant spare, gas cans, solar, can all go on the trailer now.

Not to hyjack thread but..Several people here have mentioned mounting motorcycle on front bumper, I know you could never Drive through East Africa with something mounted on the front that big without being stopped by every cop on the road, Anyone aware of how USA states in general and Central/ southern American countries feel about a front mounted motorcycle?

::Squish::

Observer
Most of the campers in this thread don't appear to be going anywhere that a decent utility trailer can't go just as easy.

Keep in mind, how much load that trailer will take off of your truck and camper. Your gen, bike, awning, cooler, redundant spare, gas cans, solar, can all go on the trailer now.
And then you end up stuck at 55mph if you live in Ca, or you have to find a place to store the trailer when it's not on the truck. There are some legit reasons to not wanting to have a trailer.

Stumper92

I haven't revisited this thread for a good while. Since I first started this discussion I have upgraded to a Ram 3500 dually for hauling my camper. When carrying the KLR I have always used a small trailer. However, now that weight is a little less an issue, I am tempted to try a hitch rack.