Has anyone tried to fit a "Mitsu" MSY Split AC system to their camper?

Joaquin Suave

I'm starting to research split AC systems in prep for Casa's next remodel.

I plan on powering it with a generator so any info on split 120VAC systems would be greatly appreciated.

Ramdough

Adventurer
Found some other brands mentioned on YouTube. No Mitsu’s have I seen yet.

Most reviews were good. I am not sure how they held up to rough conditions.

Look forward to see what you come up with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Recommended books for Overlanding

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
I think Casa is too big for what the Everlanders used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quite possibly too big in both BTU and air circulation.

I run a 12v, roof mounted A/C and it is throttled back to just under 10k BTU. It could not keep up this summer with the temps hitting 100F out west.

The best results that we have ever had were with a 6k BTU window unit - the fan was so powerful that we had to switch ends on the cab over bed, but the draw was still over 50A with the compressor on and the installation on our particular unit did not allow for adequate air flow over the condenser. EXPO member LeishaShannon is the only one that I know to claim to have an energy draw low enough to be covered by solar during the day. He was running a 220v Mitsubishi split unit, IIRC.

WVI

Adventurer
I've seen a couple of videos on youtube where they've been used in cargo trailers, and one maybe in an RV.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Haven't looked lately, but the highest SEER used to be Fujitsu 230v/50hz (Euro spec) and second highest the same unit in 240v/60hz (U.S. spec).

According to a vid I saw from the Everlanders, they run their unit 24/7/365 (heat in winter) purely from solar.

Running from a genny, I dunno if I'd even bother. Fridgidaire make some potent little window shakers with good SEER ratings for a lot less money and a lot easier to replace if needed.

Teachyboy

Camper no, house yes. I actually used Bryant which is made by Mitsubishi just has a better warranty. So far I've been happy and they are efficient but my house avg r value is about 25.

Paredneck

Observer
Here are 3 different brand 115 Volt mini splits. It appears LG to be more popular but that maybe price driven. For some reason they are all heating & cooling.

Recommended books for Overlanding

Long Way Round: Chasing Shadows Across the World
by Ewan McGregor, Charley Boorman
From $10.99
Motorcycle Messengers: Tales from the Road by Writers who...
by Lois Pryce, Mark Richardson, Carla King, Sam Manic...
From $9.99
Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why
by Laurence Gonzales
From $9.99

Watase

Here are 3 different brand 115 Volt mini splits. It appears LG to be more popular but that maybe price driven. For some reason they are all heating & cooling.
A lot of air conditioners are also heat pumps. Essentially they run the cycle backwards so heat is dispersed inside, while cold is dumped outside.