Has anyone seen the Opus Campers?

HJ-45

I am picking up an Opus Off-Road trailer in a couple weeks. The dealer who has it knew nothing about it and I had to show them the features and set-up. Dealer's first shipment was 5 trailers and 3 were sold in a couple weeks. First trip (state park) is memorial day weekend . First off grid/remote travel will be in July. Will post my thoughts.

planecrazypilot

Hope to pick ours up Saturday. From all we can tell and doing research, they seem to be perfect for our family. we do some off-road and trails but nothing heavy. Looking forward to flipping the switch and watching it setup!

Uluax

I picked up my 2019 Opus Air Offroad last month and love it so far. Wife and I did an 8 day trip through Utah and the Opus performed beautifully. Had hurricane strength winds one evening and other than having to remove the UV cover due to noise it performed perfect. Did the Blue Notch trail into north side of Lake Powell and the rig handled amazing. Yes the camper is pricey but I subscribe to the "You get what you paid for" philosophy. It is made very well and they are dealer supported. We got ours from B&B RV in Denver. Great people who stand behind what they sell. Actually purchased the Opus at the RV show in January to get the show special which included the air awning but B&B didn't receive the awning until after our Utah trip. The awning is huge but it fits inside the camper. It's a bit tougher to pack the unit down with the awning inside but I was able to do it by myself this last weekend in the back yard. Here are a few pix.
Sorry photos are to large to upload, I'll try to reduce the size and try again later.

D

Deleted member 9101

And as far as 30' mainstream RV, or any mainstream US RV for that matter, the price is low because its a stapled together particle board, MDF, and caulk job that will fall apart in short order.

I bought a Jayco brand new un 2007 and sold it in 2015, it never once "fell apart."

inexplorata

Looking forward to hearing more about this thing, I stuck my head in one at an RV show and thought it looked pretty spacious. Curious if you'd get looks from other camping folks running the compressor to inflate every night.

Grassland

I bought a Jayco brand new un 2007 and sold it in 2015, it never once "fell apart."
Lucky guy. My pop up had one staple on each 1x1 that makes the framing for the seats. So did my last one, and a 170 pound friend leaned over to get his wallet out of his back pocket and the framing of the bench broke.
We've had to re-enforce brackets and framing on my current 2010 box. Plastic hinges break off.
And from my investigations from all the mainstream stuff built in the last 5-10 years, they have all been built the same. Luan board, OSB, MDF, some staples, some caulking. It actually appears to me the quality has been going down hill, and the price has been going up, the more recent the trailer has been built. If your unit was built prior to the 2008 recession, then maybe it was built to a better standard.

Uluax, whats the set up time, not including the awning?
What do you think so far? Have you had to set up or take down in the rain?

Uluax

Set up time is about 10 mins. Awning takes another 10. Have not had a chance to set up or take down in the rain. One thing I do know about canvas tents is that they will leak the first time they get rained on if the storm is heavy enough. The stitching threads will expand after they get wet the first time. Since we have only been in dry weather I guess when we are camped in a rain storm for the first time we'll get a little leakage. Happened to me on a new canvas wall tent I bought years ago. After the first soaking never had another issue.
Everything about the Opus seems high quality construction. No wood on the unit. I did have a snap that connects the door to the trailer break and a bubble under the linoleum floor but B&B RV has me scheduled to fix those 2 minor details under warranty already. So far I'm a happy camper and so is my wife.

dreadlocks

My Canvas Popouts came with instructions that said to take bedding out and "season" em a few times with a garden hose at home letting it dry out in between, first time out in a complete downpour all my stuff stayed nice and dry.. at least til i hadda fold it all back up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles