Has anyone fitted a HUD?

steve66

Observer
G'day All,

I'm thinking of fitting a Head Up Display, one that plugs into the trucks OBD ll port. There's a million available online.

I'm only really after fuel consumption, the rest is a bonus.

Has anyone done this?, did it work?, any tips/recommendations?

Cheers

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Might work on the latest model Fuso, but I doubt it would on any of the older models, as the data that comes out of their OBDII port is not actually OBDII data.

steve66

Observer
Hi Owen, I considered sticking Isuzu in the heading as I knew Fuso's weren't OBD friendly but thought better to keep it broad as some may have fitted HUD's to their Chevy's, GM's etc.

I figured the instantaneous fuel consumption would be very handy to have, if it works.

Cheers

cameronsturgess

The best one is blue driver. You can read all the engine codes and reset them. You can also set up any gauges you want. Depending on the model year your fuso is the data is there or it’s not. Sort of hit and miss. For a 2010 the fuel economy isn’t there. It may be there for newer models. I thought we would use the gauges a lot but the data isn’t there for the ones I would really find useful. DPF level and fuel economy are the two I was hoping for. You can set alarms on the gauges so you know if coolant temp is too high. Or if the engine is doing a regen. (Based I’m exhaust gas temp). It’s worth the $100 to be able to read And reset the codes without having to count the flashing lights (in 2010 model)

steve66

Observer
Thanks Cameron, I have a 2015 24v Isuzu, not sure if it will work, have emailed them.

I do have a handheld plugin scanner for 24v but doesn't do live data.

steve66

Observer
As I suspected the Blue driver is 12v only, I did find a 24v to 12v OBD converter plug but it only does the CAN protocol, the search continues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles