Harley to get into the adventure bike game

haven

Expedition Leader
More here
https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/h-d-plans-an-adventure-tourer-for-2020.196376/

Along with the Pan America, HD announced a series of naked bike “street fighter” models, and a range of purely electric models. The top of the line naked bike has a 975cc engine developed from the same platform as the 1200 cc motor used in the Pan America. So it would be simple to add a second adventure tourer with the smaller displacement engine, to compete with Honda Africa Twin and others with 1000cc motors.

jaxyaks

Adventurer
Adventure bike it’s not, but it may have some appeal to those that like to feel like they are crossing the Sahara while riding thru town. Just keep some zip ties handy

Paddler Ed

Adventurer
It looks like a grown up Royal Enfield Himalayan...

royalenfield-himalayan-bike-1.jpg

GB_Willys_2014

I always had a soft spot for the Buell Ulysses.

Wanted one but my FXST met my needs all too well.

Anyhow, this monstrosity ... I dunno.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I always had a soft spot for the Buell Ulysses.

Wanted one but my FXST met my needs all too well.

Anyhow, this monstrosity ... I dunno.

I remember when they were closing them out before they dissolved the brand. Guys were picking up brand new units for under $5k. They looked the part, but at the end of the day they weren't very good adventure bikes. One of my neighbors has a Yellow one and he claims he'll never get rid of it.

GB_Willys_2014

I remember when they were closing them out before they dissolved the brand. Guys were picking up brand new units for under $5k. They looked the part, but at the end of the day they weren't very good adventure bikes. One of my neighbors has a Yellow one and he claims he'll never get rid of it.

I remember those days too. :)

I spent many an hour at my local HD dealer weighing my options, but money was tight ... and I couldn't justify another bike.

I really liked the idea of the Buell concept. The super torquey and reliable 1200 platform in a sport tourer / dual sport frame should have been a winner.

However, IMHO and experience HD dealers did not get it.

BTW, I am one of those guys who appreciates both a Heritage and a Monster ... and put a ton of miles on a Suzuki VX800 as a poor grad student. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles