hardsided flipac/wildernest

shifter16

hey guys - just seeing if there'd be any interest in a hardsided version of something similar to a flippac or wildernest. basically a hardsided tent built with acm. i'm currently building a custom expedition rig with a hardsided pop up. (cant wait to skin it!) i'll try to get my post going for that in the next week or two. (probably in the expo other section) anyhow a friend of mine saw my build and the acm material and is asking me to build him a hunting rig. which during the conversation we brought up different types of popup designs i had considered. acm (aluminum composite material is pretty light stuff) would be perfect to build hardsided popup tents or fold top campers. anyhow, i won't be able to start his project until mine is done 3-6 months but i'd be interested to hear any input and if anyone thinks there'd be a market for something like that? a few designs i've considered that could be adapted to a roof top tent style or flip top bed camper are the a-frame something similar to an a-liner tow behind trailer or just a straight up cube in which bi-fold walls fold down over the bed area when stowed and can be used as half walls of full walls when up and would allow for full standing room. your thought appreiciated!

shifter16

hardside

well, sort of. part of that design is definantly one we're considering. the a-frame style would need one extra fold per side to accomadate very much standing room but yes thats one we're considering. the other would basically be just a cube with walls that fold in on top of each other like a box when stowed.

OutbacKamper

Supporting Sponsor
This is the closest I have ever seen to a hard sided Wildernest:
http://www.highrise.com.au/u_setup.html

gal07.jpg
gal08.jpg

shifter16

thats awesome! i see so similar designs in my current build on my full size rig. i guess the hardsided tent i'm speaking of would use some of the design of that hardside pop out section that is seen here.

shifter16

haven't seen that one before. pretty neat idea. pretty funky looking though and a bit complicated. think u'd have a pretty hard time selling any of those...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles