Hard-Sided Pop-Up Camper by Hiatus Campers

WY_CC

Awesome to see the first full size unit and a happy customer. The unit looks great, and there can't be enough said about doing business with nice people. Go Hiatus!

landman

Well the truck and hiatus made it home safely! The road trip home was a great test. My brother had snow, driving rain, a wind storm, and freezing temps and the Hiatus did absolutely amazing.

during the wind storm with the hiatus popped up there was almost no noise, absolutely no breeze coming into the camper and no ratting or anything.

same goes for the driving rain with it popped up. No leaks no nothing. Dry as a bone.

When heating it with a buddy heater it did wonderful. Heated up fast and stayed warm considering the bottom of the truck bed is still raw with no insulation.

Here she is parked in my drive way and building it will start next week!

Attachments

• E5AAA310-0B5C-4092-8ECB-41D0F0E1F982.jpeg
    E5AAA310-0B5C-4092-8ECB-41D0F0E1F982.jpeg
    517.1 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Well the truck and hiatus made it home safely! The road trip home was a great test. My brother had snow, driving rain, a wind storm, and freezing temps and the Hiatus did absolutely amazing.

during the wind storm with the hiatus popped up there was almost no noise, absolutely no breeze coming into the camper and no ratting or anything.

same goes for the driving rain with it popped up. No leaks no nothing. Dry as a bone.

When heating it with a buddy heater it did wonderful. Heated up fast and stay warm considering the bottom of the truck bed is still raw with insulation.

Here she is parked in my drive way and building it will start next week!

Man what a rad rig. I'm really stoked on this design. I would die if there was ever thought of doing a flatbed version with side entry. But a boy can dream!

mobydick 11

The Dodge looks great. How do we find out about availability and price ? People are referring to the Dodge as full size ,but is that an 8 foot box ?

landman

Hey All. Quick update. We took our 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 and new Hiatus out to the Sedona Mountain Bike Festival. We had a great time! Truck and camper did excellent. Every day that goes by I truly love my Hiatus more and more. Selling our sprinter to do this was the best thing we’ve done in years! Here is a little pic we took. We will also be releasing a high quality video very soon so stay tune for that.
@HiatusCampers

0C467B72-2B58-4A57-8FF0-E6E222B9234C.jpeg

yfarm

Observer
Is this the prior art principle you mention:

, the prohibition on prior art is not limited to merely existing patents; rather, it includes any written description or patent anywhere in the world. If the proposed invention is already the subject of a patent in another country, that precludes the issuance of a patent in the United States. Moreover, if the proposed invention is described in a written publication anywhere in the world (even if it is not formally patented), this still precludes the issuance of a patent in the United States.

Nice camper, agree this will definitely shake up the pop top market

jgatliff

Father, Husband, Outdoorsman, & Adventurer.
No the area in front of the wheel well is the same as that behind, so it is a short bed.

Regardless of bed size it is still a full sized truck. It is not a smaller truck like the Tacoma/ranger/Colorado/etc. This RAM 2500 is a 3/4 ton truck, definitely a full size.

Photobug

Regardless of bed size it is still a full sized truck. It is not a smaller truck like the Tacoma/ranger/Colorado/etc. This RAM 2500 is a 3/4 ton truck, definitely a full size.
He asked if it is an 8 foot bed and I told him no it is not and told him how to identify an 8 foot bed.

In my opinionated opinion a full sized truck should have an 8 foot bed. I am sure a 3500 owner will criticize my 4.5 ton truck as a compact for not having a dually axle.

mobydick 11

He asked if it is an 8 foot bed and I told him no it is not and told him how to identify an 8 foot bed.

In my opinionated opinion a full sized truck should have an 8 foot bed. I am sure a 3500 owner will criticize my 4.5 ton truck as a compact for not having a dually axle.
Thank you and others for response .I was only trying to determine If Hiatus had started building a 8 foot camper . I sorta feel like 8 foot guys are being left in the dust ,as most of the new stuff coming out is for mid size trucks or for full size short box . Small market I guess .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles