Hard-Sided Pop-Up Camper by Hiatus Campers

chet6.7

Explorer
That looks nice.
If there is rain or snow on the camper walls,does it get the inside of the camper wet when closed down?
Is the camper available with strait walls?

CTDJeeperman

I really like your design. Great work. Do you have any drawings/images of what this would look like on a full size truck? What would the dimensions be? Bed size? I’ve got the typical 6’4” Ram 2500/3500 bed. This would look great paint matched on a AEV Prospector XL.

craig333

Expedition Leader
Side windows could easily be incorporated if that was something you were interested in! We decided not to include additional windows in our base model, because they add more weight and we really wanted to focus on providing a four season camper that was super lightweight.
Good to know, I love looking out the windows as I sleep (or wakeup) maybe if I slept north south it would be different.

Very interesting design, I like what you have done. What materials are you using on the folding joints? What kind of longevity could an owner expect from those joints?

In your reply to Craig333, you expressed weight concern about window weight, have you considered acrylic?

Johnbonn

Will one be available for the Jeep Gladiator? Have you started taking orders and if so what is the build time/delivery dates? Do you have pricing for the interior build outs?

HiatusCampers

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
I really like your design. Great work. Do you have any drawings/images of what this would look like on a full size truck? What would the dimensions be? Bed size? I’ve got the typical 6’4” Ram 2500/3500 bed. This would look great paint matched on a AEV Prospector XL.
Thanks for your support! We do make units for full sized trucks as well, but we don't currently have any pictures on our website. The full size model is the roughly the same proportion as the mid size model, just about 6" wider. This means when it is popped up you get 3" more headroom (~6' 5" interior height) and a wider sleeping platform (56" x 75"). Unfortunately we do not offer paint matching services, but we have three color options for the lower camper: gray, black and white.

HiatusCampers

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Very interesting design, I like what you have done. What materials are you using on the folding joints? What kind of longevity could an owner expect from those joints?

In your reply to Craig333, you expressed weight concern about window weight, have you considered acrylic?
We use a polyolefin weatherproof continuous hinge between our panels. They are tested to over a million cycles without failure, and we have found them to be extremely durable. We have considered acrylic windows, and it is something we would love to use however due to the extremely tight tolerances on our upper walls, the thickness of the acrylic domes would not allow our walls to collapse properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94