Hard-Sided Pop-Up Camper by Hiatus Campers

danf

I would be really interested in something like this pop up hard sided wall system for the roof of an expedition truck like the Isuzu NPS or Fuso Canter 4x4... Seems much better than the current soft sided options.

Good on you guys for thinking outside the square and creating something new.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
not too scripted, eh?

filling a hole with a dowel nets end grain (if clear finished). you would need to revise your joinery to eliminate exposed fastening.

Q: why put the burden of designing your product on the buyer? aren't customers coming to you as the "expert in your field"?

Blah blah blah. You're a wood worker I get it. Congrats. I personally don't care.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
I would be really interested in something like this pop up hard sided wall system for the roof of an expedition truck like the Isuzu NPS or Fuso Canter 4x4... Seems much better than the current soft sided options.

Good on you guys for thinking outside the square and creating something new.

Totally agree. I've been waiting for somebody to execute a mechanism like this in a commercial setting that isn't priced like its filled with high grade cocaine. Love to see a flat bed option with optional side door. A boy can dream.

Well done guys! What a wild and cool journey for you. I wish you great success!

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
What a cool design.

One of the huge issues to canvas pop up campers is condensation, here in the mid west to east.

If you applied your hardside pop up design to something like a slide in FWC Hawk, with a shower and roof top AC, you'd pretty much rule that entire camper segment. I'd love a pop top hardside! Once you've got the capital from the west coast style sales, try a heavy pop up camper design. Sure there's the Alaskan things. But they're ugly and very expensive.

HiatusCampers

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Very slick nice design!

You're hitting the point most of the others are missing, a SEALED REAR DOOR! This is HUGE!

Almost all the others rely on the stock tailgate, and its a dust magnet
Thank you!
Totally understand that! We've lived out of both entry/exit styles and definitely prefer the sealed double doors (y)

HiatusCampers

I put my down payment on one about 2-3 weeks ago. Super excited to be working with Hiatus. Im having them building me one for my 2001 dodge 2500. I live in Arizona, so when mine arrives I’d be willing to show it to people who are interested in ordering one. I’ll post more about that later. Anyways the process and customer service of working with Hiatus on my custom camper has been absolutely excellent. Super excited about my Hiatus Camper and over all build starting.
Thank you for such kind words, we are happy to be working with you too! Glad to hear the process has been smooth on your end. Excited to have the first full-size model hit the road (y)

HiatusCampers

not too scripted, eh?

filling a hole with a dowel nets end grain (if clear finished). you would need to revise your joinery to eliminate exposed fastening.

Q: why put the burden of designing your product on the buyer? aren't customers coming to you as the "expert in your field"?
Hi there! We've since revised our joinery and are happy to let you know that we've eliminated the exposed pocket holes. I've attached some pictures of our new interior style. Customers can choose from a few predesigned interior options, however if they would like something different, then we design a custom interior that will fit their needs. We believe that customer feedback is important and we can always continue to improve our product. Have a nice day!

Attachments

• IMG_2294 copy.jpg
    IMG_2294 copy.jpg
    514 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_3677 copy.jpg
    IMG_3677 copy.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 277

HiatusCampers

What a cool design.

One of the huge issues to canvas pop up campers is condensation, here in the mid west to east.

If you applied your hardside pop up design to something like a slide in FWC Hawk, with a shower and roof top AC, you'd pretty much rule that entire camper segment. I'd love a pop top hardside! Once you've got the capital from the west coast style sales, try a heavy pop up camper design. Sure there's the Alaskan things. But they're ugly and very expensive.
Thank you! We look forward to seeing where we can take our business in the future and hope to continue expanding into other types of rigs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier