Hard-Sided Pop-Up Camper by Hiatus Campers

trabs00

Lifetime Social Distancer
It is, but it's also a really wide bed.
yeah forgot how wide Raptor's are: That said it would be the same height and only 2" longer bed length. Basically the width of the roof would be increased, but remember it is aluminum and composite and pretty light. I can't see it possibly being 150 lbs heavier.
I think they have done a few 3/4 ton trucks with 6.5ft beds, if you contact Hiatus they might know how much those weighed to get a good high estimate for weight

trabs00

Thanks. How do you plan to insulate the side and back walls of the bed? Part of the bedrug system had sections that covered those areas.
Yep, I'm going to go with a new full bedrug covering the sides and back before I have a floor dropped in on top of that.
I pulled the sides off my old bed rug since it was almost 10 years old and had gotten so wet and dog mess etc. I just dropped in the old bottom section so I didn't kill my knees while playing around in there.
I likely won't be using it in cold weather until next late fall, by then I hope to have an interior built out and the bed rug for insulation.

trabs00

It is, but it's also a really wide bed.
yeah, I just looked at the measurements, damn that sucker is wide! I have done a lot of trails in WY, MT, and some in CO and have my share of pinstripes / nicks, couple dents, I couldn't imagine trying that in a raptor! I can see why you might want a different trail rig. The raptor is home in the desert and other open terrain, probably not so much in wooded jeep trails. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior