Hard Side Lifting Roof

asteele

Observer
I found this hard side lifting roof in Germany from Finck Camping Systeme.
http://www.expedition-cabin.de/en/home.html

I sent them an e-mail regarding the price and having one shipped to the USA. Here's the reply:

Hallo Herr Steele,

vielen Dank für Ihre Email.
Es freut uns sehr, dass Ihnen unser Hubdach gefällt.
Wir exportieren jedoch leider nicht in die USA, weil wir dafür keinen Versicherungsschutz (für die Produkthaftung) haben.

Schöne Grüße

Bernhard Finck

Hello Mr. Steele, thank you for your email. It makes us happy much that our stroke roof pleases you. We unfortunately do not export however into the USA, because we have for it no insurance protection (for the product liability). Kind regards Bernhard Finck

Oh well...
liftingroof.jpg

Lynn

Expedition Leader
I sweat that there was a thread on this one a long time ago, but it might have been on www.expeditioncampers.com

I even posted a picture of a similar 'camp cup' design that was manufactured in the '50s, on the top of a travel trailer. Looked almost identical.

Sure can't find that thread now, though.

Addited:

I found a picture of the trailer, though:

1952queen.jpg

This amazing two-story trailer from 1952 was built for only one year. The manufacturer, Gemco Engineering & Mfg. Co. from Cincinnati, Ohio did not stay in business long.
The trailer was 26 feet long and 8 feet wide. The center bedroom compartment raised to the height of 19 feet. It had a fully equipped kitchen, living room and bathroom on the first floor and two bedrooms with double beds on the second.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles