Hard Shell RTT - Alu Cab vs GFC vs Camp King

unsung

Or this one?

90x54
5.25" closed
54" tall open
117 lbs (less with production models)
Custom colors

Best of all - an actual aerodynamic, low profile hard shell RTT.

qYc5AMa.jpg

vPLWYIo.jpg

MS4DzyD.jpg

Zz8xMn4.jpg

Can a roof mount be added for solar panels? How much extra bedding can be stored in it?

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Yes. I presently have my Nemo air mattress and my sleeping bag in there now.
Side note - I am 6'6" and I designed this to fit tall guys like me.

ypOtBZq.jpg

I'm hunting around for a new RTT this winter and your rig interests me. Do you have a website with the usual infos? Are they available for purchase yet?

JJBiggs

Supporting Sponsor | SEES
More info on my Facebook link. We are in beta testing until Sept. Following I will be opening up for orders.

Romer

Adventurer
Question on the Camp King. I have a Gamiviti rack with bars. Can I mount the tent to that? I wont be carrying the RTT all the time and still want the rack for when I don't

pigeonfarmboy

Curious what justifies the price hike on the Camp King compared to Alu-Cab and other rack-top options extremely similar in design? So far Bush Co. Alpha is the top contender to my upgrade this year.

Johnbonn

Is anyone taking into account what material is being used for the sides and or the coatings on some. I think GFC is one of the only ones that is not coated or made of cancer causing stuff. Not only for the people using them but their workings that would be breathing in the stuff and or getting it on them. In such close quarters was wondering why it is not brought up more? This was from a review earlier in the year of RTT. “What they found were chemicals such as tris(1,3-dichloropropyl-2) phosphate (TDCPP), decabromodiphenyl ether (BDE-209), triphenyl phosphate, and tetrabromobisphenol-A were being used, organophosphates which can be found in a range of products from flame retardants to pesticides, plasticizers, and nerve gases. This raised some concerns, especially when it became clear that many of these chemicals were applied in unstandardized and varying amounts, with concentrations reaching levels as high as 37.5 mg/g or 3.8 percent by weight of the fabric sampled.

Further tests revealed that these chemicals didn’t stay in the tents either. After people handled the fabric, analyses of their hands showed a strong residual level of TDCPP indicating it transferred from the tent. This could also correlate to a possible risk of inhalation and dermal sorption from the air, however, these subjects weren’t covered in this initial test. Since the release of these results, many companies like REI have made efforts to change or limit the use of these chemicals in their tents, while others like Mountain Hardware and Fjällräven have eliminated them entirely. ” Is there a list of those making RTT’s using safe materials?

shoredreamer

Observer
Question on the Camp King. I have a Gamiviti rack with bars. Can I mount the tent to that? I wont be carrying the RTT all the time and still want the rack for when I don't
Romer, I took the opportunity when I was at the shop to take a few phone photos of the Camp King. This one is mounted on three HD Rhino Rack crossbars. D3504607-5A25-4EEC-9293-6A3599C15D3E.jpegBE2B12A3-BAD3-400B-AE92-F02A8628D07D.jpegA126034C-7EDF-465D-9281-80BC96D84B38.jpegC1CDAA2C-68FD-40AE-9A9F-AEE9894DDCDA.jpeg If you need more info I can get you measurements etc. We (Rhino Adventure Gear) have a half dozen or so Camp Kings for sale coming on a boat from OZ right now, should be here soon.

1EPICFJ

I'm 6'6", the Camp King has been plenty of room for me. Once you see it in person you'll understand why the price is where it is. The materials are top notch and the build quality is fantastic. Great investment!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles