Hard Bed Covers

bas157

Will you be taking it on and off much?
I had a fiberglass one and it was HEAVY. Two able body people could put it on and off but it was a major PITA. 3 people made it easier but still a PITA. I have a DiamondBack cover now (actually on my second one now...sold the first for more than I paid (used) for it). Upgraded from the SE to the HD version since won it in a contest! I like it as it is super easy to take on and off, just 4 truck cap clamps hold it on. If I used an airtool or battery operated ratchet/impact, I could have it off within 5 minutes.
The Highway product one looks similar and nice, but doesn't look like 1 person can put it on or off by himself. The big draw on the Diamondback is that I can put it on or off by myself and is easy to store the three parts if need be. It is pricey though and used ones don't come up too often.

Explorerinil

Observer
I have been looking at this combo. Can the rack towers slide closer to the cab? What are you thoughts on the setup?
Yes it can slide farther forward and rearward basically to the ends of the bed. I have mine set up for my skybox 21 that I use. I really like the set up allot, the bed cover is awesome, allows for partial opening or full opening, keeps everything dry. I ordered the cover and rack both from the same company online, free 2 day shipping and it was a super easy install. I like the yakama rack allot, its very versatile, I got it set below the cab, I’ll raise it for my fishing rod tube this summer. Very pleased with this set up!

ITTOG

I have several hard surface 1 piece UNDERCOVER brand bed covers all purchased used off Craigslist. Nice construction, EASY to remove when needed, lightweight and you and the girlfriend can sit on top of it with the lawn chairs and Beer at the Drive In movie they are that strong!

$1,000+ new.

I have never paid more than $200 for any of them used off CL.

Undercover Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
Undercover Tonneau Cover While old school fiberglass tonneau covers looked cool and reduced wind resistance, having next to no bed access is too serious of a problem for most truck owners to deal with. But for a smooth classic look that retains your bed access, a hinged cover could be the way to go. The lightweight construction of the Undercover Tonneau combined with quick release hardware and an integrated LED make it the hottest hinged cover of the year.
I have had for hard covers and a trifold. Of all the hard covers I have liked the undercover the best by far. I will never own another trifold.

I can remove the undercover without tools in about 5 minutes. If I want to remove the clamps that hold the hingees and strut attachment then I would need a ratchet and an additional 5 minutes.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Dougnuts

I have been happy with the Peragon bed cover on my F150 (with all the upgrades). The only thing I’d rather have is the ability to have a bed cover and a rack.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Yes it can slide farther forward and rearward basically to the ends of the bed. I have mine set up for my skybox 21 that I use. I really like the set up allot, the bed cover is awesome, allows for partial opening or full opening, keeps everything dry. I ordered the cover and rack both from the same company online, free 2 day shipping and it was a super easy install. I like the yakama rack allot, its very versatile, I got it set below the cab, I’ll raise it for my fishing rod tube this summer. Very pleased with this set up!

Thanks for the reply. I have been waffling back and forth between a hard cover vs. Decked drawers. I pick up a couple bales of hay every month, and I am concerned that every crevice of the Decked platform will quickly fill with hay and get real nasty here in the PNW. A retractable cover would make cleanup easy, but I still need a solution for bed storage. Also considering a Diamondback HD cover.

Explorerinil

Observer
Thanks for the reply. I have been waffling back and forth between a hard cover vs. Decked drawers. I pick up a couple bales of hay every month, and I am concerned that every crevice of the Decked platform will quickly fill with hay and get real nasty here in the PNW. A retractable cover would make cleanup easy, but I still need a solution for bed storage. Also considering a Diamondback HD cover.
The decked will collect every bit of dirt, I had one on my last truck, very hard to keep clean. While the decked serves a purpose, if you hall allot in your bed it severely limits it. I carry my gear in a rubber maid container and take it out when I need to haul stuff in the bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles