Harbor Freight Jack Stands Recalled for Risk of Collapsing

Guri

Explorer
screen-shot-2020-05-19-at-2-18-41-pm-1589912343.png

More info at:
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu...-jack-stands-recalled-for-risk-of-collapsing/

john61ct

Adventurer

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Thank you, grandpa, for giving me both your deep and abiding fear of heavy falling objects* and your set of welded-frame tube-and-pin jackstands.

*He did lose 2-1/2 fingers in a press accident, so let's call it a hard-won fear.

I have LONG joked with friends while defending my Harbor Freight habit that "I only buy tools that can't kill me if they fail. It's not like I'd buy their jackstands or anything."
Suddenly, I look like a goddamn genius.

Mobryan71

The Irony here is that my Crasftman brand jack stands have broken pawls, but the HF ones have been solid performers. What do you buy instead? It sure won't be Craftsman!

I've got two pairs of these that I use for lighter weight cars and supporting components. Not too expensive, and the double locking system helps eliminate one point of failure.

Matt

85_Ranger4x4

I've got two pairs of these that I use for lighter weight cars and supporting components. Not too expensive, and the double locking system helps eliminate one point of failure.

Matt

My 6 tons are basically a bigger version of that and red from Northern.

I use them for big stuff like axle swaps, I like the extra extra locking pin.

rayra

Expedition Leader
Woah what!! Something from Harbor Freight sucks and does not work!?!? Who would have thought????????????

There's actually quite a bit of stuff there that works just fine and is a decent value, if one bothers to look. Instead of braying like a **************.

This topic has been going strong for ~11yrs
The Harbor Freight PASS/FAIL Thread...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles