Hanzos 2007 RCSB Tundra Build

justinh

Observer
What does the TRD package include on those year trucks?

On the Tacoma, in addition to the rear locker (or LSD) and suspension upgrades, the TRD package automatically gave you the nicest interior option for those years as well as the aluminum wheels (size depending on which TRD package you got).

justinh

Observer
It’s basically cool stickers, shocks, different front coil rates, and skids...nothing too special.

thats cool, seems like on the Tundra you could add it to other trim levels instead of defaulting to the highest trim level.

tennesseewj

Observer
That's a neat truck, good work thus far. A front end level and some 33s would look bee-you-tee-ful!

Good call on the tailgate de-badge, I've always thought Toyota went a little emblem crazy on Tundras.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hanzo

Dig that truck and the knife in your picture... east or west Michigan? Welcome aboard.

I’m in NW Michigan, over by Crystal Lake/Frankfort area. I love that knife and have a little collection of Spydercos with that leaf blade shape. Carry the big guy out hiking and such, the little fixed blade I carried with me everyday when I worked in landscape/construction, but now the folders with me about everywhere I go.

Attachments

• FFC94C14-9C0E-4294-AAFD-61C5BB1A7D85.jpeg
    FFC94C14-9C0E-4294-AAFD-61C5BB1A7D85.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 45

Hanzo

It was nice and sunny out today so I went out with the family and ran some seasonal roads. Nothing crazy just a little snow and mud here and there, the Firestone destination A/Ts did good for what they are and the truck was great. Being short and low have their advantages in the woods around here. Kind of confirms that I want to just stick with a leveling kit and 33s rather than jumping up to 35s.

Also snagged a picture next to a DC Tacoma, the two trucks are about the exact same length but the Tundra is obviously wider.

D4F3CEFE-E46F-4629-91EF-4F8572782F82.jpeg

Hanzo

Well the projects kind of slowed down since all the corona stuff started, but it was nice out a few days ago so I went and took the old tint off. Used a steamer to warm-up the tint and it pealed off pretty easily for the most part ,then just used some window cleaner and razor to clean up the little bit of glue leftover.

Here you can see the shadow left on the old tint from a sticker.
54D07186-DBA8-4CBA-B641-24FA1C0D675F.jpeg
66C5FDBD-8941-4A12-A295-8F30D679180F.jpeg

Looks better with the tint and sticker off
6552821D-4657-40D0-85A8-D95F5F6A205F.jpeg

Hanzo

Got my new headlight housing and headlights in today. Kept stock lighting with upgraded stock style bulbs, read a bit on candlepowerforums and that seemed to be the best solution to upgrade without spending a ton.
0AC31360-7178-4801-A248-35E0AA5CB4AF.jpeg
D73EE81E-EBF5-499D-9DEF-CAA776A31196.jpeg

Before:
FA932956-CA25-475F-A38D-78DD8343BDFB.jpeg

After:
B639BA39-E187-4A9F-9CFB-B8AA12A9CE00.jpeg

Left the old bulbs on the passenger side to compare light this evening, i‘ll take some pics and post them up than.

tacollie

Glamper
Good call I polished my lens and installed some Osram bulbs as a temporary solution. I planned on building protectors. The clear lens and new bulbs are so good I took projectors off the list.

twokitties67

Great looking truck. You don't see to many RCSB. Have you seen the "brite Box" website? They have adapters to run the next size bigger bulb in the low beam lights. You don't have fogs so that adapter won't help you.

My truck didn't come with them either. Previous owner had them wired up but they stopped working shortly after I bought it. I looked behind the front bumper covers and it had factory fog light wiring. I found the column shifter switch on Ebay and installed it myself and added the relay in the fusebox and they work fine.

barongan

great build
o.png

Hanzo

So I haven’t had the chance to drive the truck at night yet, but just about anything has to be better than the faded headlight with an out bulb and another old bulb! Long term I will be doing some kind of winch bumper with additional lighting on it. I am liking the ARB because of the total front end protection but not a real big fan of all that extra weight out front....maybe Ill look into some aluminum solutions as well.

My cabin and engine air filters showed up this week so thought I would throw them in tonight quick after work. Went with the TRD drop-in air filter and Bosch cabin filter (really love my Bosch wipers I installed btw).

The old units were pretty ripe:
4182E471-6AFE-41FA-8321-905A39C06B3F.jpeg

New guys looking all fancy:
174BF85E-2FD9-4793-B9B5-1725049A1C09.jpeg

Cabin air filter went in really easy behind the glove box and made a BIG difference in the smells and amount of air coming from the vents. Another step towards conquering the smell of smoke in the Tundra! Then there was the engine air filter...not so good:
38189088-F4BF-41E8-A6D3-D9D02FDDA9D9.jpeg

The filter was too small for the box...turns out I order the filter for 2014+ trucks so need to return that and order the correct one.

Short term goals right now:
1 Replace inner wheel wells up front where there was some rubbing
2 Replace all fluids with amsoil
3 Take care of exhaust manifold/gasket

Hanzo

Got some more stuff in this week: t-case and diff fluid, oil/filter, magnetic drain plug, the right air filter, and a repair manual. Installed the air filter right away and will start on diff and t-case fluids monday. Oil filter is a cartridge type and I’m waiting on a metal case to replace the plastic one.

1B0FB401-A831-4728-9A04-6F752684C733.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke