Hanzos 2007 RCSB Tundra Build

Hanzo

Ripped into my rear end this week. Took the shafts to a local mechanic to press everything off/on including new wheel bearings. Figured while we had it apart might as well. So the rear has all new seals, bearings, dust shields, calipers, stainless lines, and the rotors/pads I put on last fall.
Got a start on the front but stalled out when I didn't have the right socket to remove the wheel bearing. Ordered up a socket and a few brake lines should be here Monday.

all ripped apart
FDC22A8B-6320-4E6B-B8DD-EA22F17D5EA4.jpeg

all back together and looking pretty
B9809C88-6953-40E8-9B5C-26ADAC67438B.jpeg

Hanzo

Installed my new calipers and dust shields up front tonight to go along with my pads and rotors I did a while back. Tried doing my stainless lines but stripped some nuts and need to track down replacements this week to finish the job. Also doing the oil while I’m at it.
1ADDC842-A213-4920-8C2F-127AD9F2ACB2.jpeg

Stupidkid

Looks like you are really going through it. Very nice.

Looking forward to seeing which bumper you go with. I recently bought a 2011 and debating an ARB deluxe. I like the grandpa vibes.

Hanzo

It’s getting there, still a lot on the list: spark plugs, water pump, belt, transmission fluid, and fix the leaky header. Really trying to restore and refresh everything before I get to the mods. That being said next month the lift, tires, and wheels go on. Then some aluminum RCI skids up front.

For a bumper I’m looking at hefty fab or demello winch plate

HeftyFab
05C81F8B-D04B-4AEB-9536-16BE22B11116.jpeg
Demello
10B340F9-8810-426B-A32F-F5B845B0021A.jpeg

Hanzo

Basically they are the lightest ways to mount a winch up front. The hefty fab is aluminum so they are both about 1/2 the weight of a full steel bumper. I’ll be switching out to the rock warrior front end either way.

RW front end
2556C372-3F5A-4238-9D5A-D345ACA6A782.jpeg

smokeysevin

Observer
UPS showed up today!

They thick
View attachment 647435
Neat, do you know if they are rebuildable?

Not that bilstein makes bad stuff but those are a heck of a lot bigger than what used to be offered as the TRD offroad parts. I like that the raptor has gotten everyone to step up their games.

I will be interested in seeing your feedback on the new parts.

Sean

Hanzo

Neat, do you know if they are rebuildable?

Not that bilstein makes bad stuff but those are a heck of a lot bigger than what used to be offered as the TRD offroad parts. I like that the raptor has gotten everyone to step up their games.

I will be interested in seeing your feedback on the new parts.

Sean

They are rebuildable via Fox. I’m excited to get these on and see how they ride. I was about ready to pull the trigger on Dobinson IMS setup but got these used for a few more bucks. Really happy I did as there seems to be issues with the IMS kit for tundras.

Interesting you mention the raptor, my goal for this build is basically to have a shorty tundra with 1st gen raptor performance...plus a bit more payload and towing capacity. The next stage of my suspension will be UCAs, durobump bump stops, and custom Alcan leafs out back. I think this setup will meet or exceed a stock raptor. But the next stage won’t come until next year...lots of other things to address first.

smokeysevin

Observer
They are rebuildable via Fox. I’m excited to get these on and see how they ride. I was about ready to pull the trigger on Dobinson IMS setup but got these used for a few more bucks. Really happy I did as there seems to be issues with the IMS kit for tundras.

Interesting you mention the raptor, my goal for this build is basically to have a shorty tundra with 1st gen raptor performance...plus a bit more payload and towing capacity. The next stage of my suspension will be UCAs, durobump bump stops, and custom Alcan leafs out back. I think this setup will meet or exceed a stock raptor. But the next stage won’t come until next year...lots of other things to address first.
You hit the nail on the head. Upper arms and good shocks pull 13"+ on the your gen which is 3.5" over long travel territory on the first gens. Toyota kicked some serious butt on this truck from the factory but really missed an opportunity to do an Ironman offroad edition before ford did the raptor.

I think you will be suuuuper happy with the truck once you get them on.

Sean

Hanzo

I really think so too, I’m debating doing trd sway bars front end rear for on road handling and just removing the links when going off road.

Im kinda building what I think would be the “Ironman Edition”. Lots of factory TRD components with some aftermarket sprinkled here and there. Looking at the SPC UCAs by the way if you have any input on them.

smokeysevin

Observer
The PPI 015 truck has always been a dream/inspiration for me. It wasn't technically a tundra when it was originally built but it got there eventually.

Never used the SPC stuff but most people have had positive comments about them, I do really like the caster adjustment on the first gen arms but they weren't around when I bought my arms. I have had Camburg arms on mine for 100k+ miles and they have been great. I have replaced the Uniballs once and the bushings once. I never had the squeaking issues most people complained about.

Sean

Hanzo

I like the idea of having OE style bushings on as much as I can to reduce NVH. I’m kind of a sissy about road/vehicle noise on trips. Plus I like that the spc UCAs are just black and low key looking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz