hand-me-down XJ build

Just joined, and started an intro thread in the toyota side but thought I would post up the build of my little brothers XJ. Parents bought the truck off a friend last year for his 15th birthday, and Ive been helping him build it over the past year. I named this hand-me-down because I had a 98 4door with a 3", 31s, on board air, and some other stuff and this jeep has inherited alot of this stuff and benefits from all the knowledge learned from having to wrench on mine. Kid turned 16 last week and gets his liscence monday. Aside from the truck he has worked to pay for all the mods.

Specs:
2"rustys springs with 3" shocks w/30" BFGs
hella 500s
complete interior from a '01 (matches the interior that was in mine)
sway discos
upgraded center console
cobra CB
Future:
Basket and RTT, more hella 500s, rock lights, Armor and rear swing out for the spare

Stock
connorandjeep.jpg

as it sits now
jeepsittin.jpg

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
WElcome to a great site. Your brother looks like he's off to a good start. Looking foreward to watching the build.:coffee:

bobDog

Expedition Leader
really nice looking XJ....I think the interior a great upgrade....how hard was it?:sombrero::smiley_drive:

Thanks guys, I think he's off to a good start. This thing was kind of a mess when he got it, but were getting there. The interior wasn't too bad, but the seats took a little creativity to get mounted. The headliner we pulled from the donnor was the one with the recessed 6" speakers. Its pretty wicked. Once I get some things done on my truck im going to help him build a drawer system and a roof rack/basket.
I love this thing, it brings back so many memories from mine.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Thanks guys, I think he's off to a good start. This thing was kind of a mess when he got it, but were getting there. The interior wasn't too bad, but the seats took a little creativity to get mounted. The headliner we pulled from the donnor was the one with the recessed 6" speakers. Its pretty wicked. Once I get some things done on my truck im going to help him build a drawer system and a roof rack/basket.
I love this thing, it brings back so many memories from mine.
I've been looking for that sound bar for a few months now....not that easy to find....good on you guys!:victory:I think you guys have a very good base to a good build...I'm subscribed!:smiley_drive:Looking forward to the photos of the build!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94