HAMBO build thread

Abitibi

Explorer
Hi Eric

Glad you love the SCT, from what I read it's the best for Ford vehicles. With the 6.0 I found it a bit more complicated finding a decent chip or tuner for a van.

I went with 5 Stars tuner and got their Economy tune (30hp?), their 50hp tow and their 100hp performance. I mostly use the 100hp but drive it conservatively. At first I was concerned it could get me in trouble with a stock engine but they confirmed it doesn't reliability or longevity. Time will tell but for now it is so much better then stock!

I have yet to try the tow tune which should also work great for mountain passes...

One more issue with my SCT is I don't get my coolant temp. I'd love to compare the coolant with engine oil temp but no luck.

Thanks for the heads-up on not leaving it off power for too long!

Cheers!
David

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Hey David, how’s Goldstream?

Rig looks great in person. I’d have stopped to visit, but I was on the other side of the highway and had a kid at home waiting for medicine to settle his stomach. The traffic was terrible on that side… hope you’re able to avoid it.

Enjoy the holiday.

Abitibi

Explorer
Hey David, how’s Goldstream?

Rig looks great in person. I’d have stopped to visit, but I was on the other side of the highway and had a kid at home waiting for medicine to settle his stomach. The traffic was terrible on that side… hope you’re able to avoid it.

Enjoy the holiday.
Goldstream was awesome!!! Will definitely be coming back to further explore, such an amazing place.

Got lucky with traffic as I was heading north :) Been on the island for a week, living the life!

Just one picture from a log in Goldstream, not even edited, pretty cool!
8d65fed0a19d5df49ab1067a865c7c7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

gaetzjm

I'm planning a Island camping trip after Labour Day. Any other areas you like on the Island? I've stayed at the Pacheedaht Campground, Port Renfrew and Pachena Campground, Bamfield before.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Della Falls is a must see. I was always told they were the highest waterfall in British Columbia, and in the top ten in the world. That said, Wikipedia and other internet sources disagree. At 440m (1440 ft) they are definitely worth the hike to see. They are a few hours hike in after a short boat trip down the lake in Strathcona Park. I’d recommend camping a night at the base of the falls before hiking out. Hiking in and back out in a day would be difficult and not leave any time to enjoy them when you got there. Also, hiking out in the dark could be dangerous.

There used to be switchbacks that went up to the top. The sunny afternoon we hiked up turned to rain faster than we could get our rain gear out. Coming down the steep face when it was wet was eye opening. Be prepared at all times… you’re on your own out there.

gaetzjm

Thanks for sharing some local knowledge, Della Falls looks amazing. I'd never heard of it before. It will be the wife and I and it might be a bit rigorous for us senior types. Camping in the Ambo with lots of eating and reading broken by hour long walks is kinda our speed.
Cheers

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Unfortunately I know the feeling. I was 18 when I last went in… decades and one motorcycle accident later, I don’t know if I’d go in again.

gaetzjm

Sorry to hear you had a motorcycle accident. I made it thru my m/c years (late teen - early 20's) unhurt but time did finally catch up to my right knee. I just got home from a 6k hilly White Rock walk so I'll give him a break for 2-3 days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles