HAM Operators- Post up here

pyro4fun

Just got my license about 3 weeks ago, still listening and learning. Programed my radio and installing a vehicle antenna soon.

Jesse
KJ7BDK
Kenwood TH-D74
BF-F8HP
2M 146.460
Seattle Area

Last edited:

Phreak480

Army Guy
Justin
K2ZMB
I also am on GMRS WQWM880, and have a commercial license for some itinerant frequencies pending.

Long Island NY

Dmaxzr2

Riley
Call sign: KK6IDV
Rig: icom 5100a/kenwood tmv71a
2m/70cm
Usually hang on 146.520 or 446.640 repeater(good bunch of hooligans and not your typical repeater)

Call: K8SG
Radio: Icom 7610; amp: Ameritron Al-82; Antenna: Inverted Vee @ 70'
Freq: Mostly 75m; 3945; some 2m

Good on QRZ

TNSG

Forum Name: TNSG
First Name: Anthony
Callsign: KN4ROR and an undisclosed TN Military callsign
Radio : ICOM IC7000
Freq usually on:

Working on the wonderful world of HAM! Really learning good do's and several don'ts!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TNSG

Just got my license about 3 weeks ago, still listening and learning. Programed my radio and installing a vehicle antenna soon.

Jesse
KJ7BDK
BF-F8HP
2M 146.460
Seattle Area

What is your thoughts on the BF-F8HP so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pyro4fun

It’s not a bad handheld for what it is, easy to program with the cable and worked fine. I replaced the antenna with a longer Nagoya and it was great out in the field when needed. (There is a small gap between the handheld and the antenna so I was going to find a rubber washer to fill it) they say it’s normal.

I’ve since upgraded to the kenwood TH-D74 because I wanted APRS functionality. I still have the F8HP as a backup but it’s with my go bag now.

jerdog53

Explorer
I have been using the BF-F8HP for several years now with no complaints, works like all the other Baofeng things..

PabloCruise

Forum Name: PabloCruise
First Name: TJ
Callsign : K0TNP
Radio : Yaesu FT-60
Freq: 2m/70cm

Technician license in January of 2016 - then it took a while to get a radio, just started getting serious this year.

Last edited:

mickmutante

Forum Name: mickmutante
First Name: Jairo
Callsign : HJ3SUA
Radio : Yaesu FTM-100 + Comet CMA-SS-680SB; Yaesu FT1Xdr + Signal Stuff Super-Elastic Signal Stick + Diamond SRH701A; Baofeng BF-F8HP + Nagoya NA-771
Freq: 2m/70cm

Billoftt

What is your thoughts on the BF-F8HP so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one. I put it on a meter and compared it to a standard UV-5R. The power output on "High" and "Low" were identical. The 8HP has a firmware setting that allows a "Mid" output of 2-3 watts.

Dotcom

Forum name : Dotcom
First name : Sean
Callsign : N0SEG
Radio : Stryker SR94HPC 10m/11mAM(cb), QYT KT8900D 2m/70cm frs gmrs, Yaesu FT1DR
Freq usually on: 2m call, 145.145 denver co

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles