HAM Operators- Post up here

K4CLC

K4CLC, my name is Chris. I'm located in central Florida. Right now operating mostly on 2m and 440. Hope to be upgrading soon to General Class so I can get on HF.

Mtn Mike

Observer
'EHT -eastern Washington. 2 meter only at this time. You can usually find me on the KBARA system or on 147.400 simplex. I don't like to post my full call sign on public forums but I can PM it if anyone wants.

73!

Forum Name: HillbillyfromAL
First Name: Brad
Callsign : KDØSPN
Radio : Yaesu FT8900R
Freq usually on: 2m/70cm

svzoe

KB4QNV...need advise on radio, and antennae for Earthroamer. Any suggestions or experiences would be appreciated.

Recce01

Adventurer
First Name: Scott
Callsign : KJ6ZBT
Radio : Yaesu FTM350AR

KB4QNV...need advise on radio, and antennae for Earthroamer. Any suggestions or experiences would be appreciated.

I'm really happy with my Yaesu FT8900 but honestly the 6 &10m bands aren't used much. I do like the cross band repeat and it's simple to use. Antennas all depend on your setup, I'm using the Diamond 8900 on my ARB the tabs are the perfect size for the UHF mounts.

Expedition Leader
... but honestly the 6 &10m bands aren't used much.

It depends on the solar cycle; 10m has been booming for the last year or so. I've talked all over the world on it with a 100-watt mobile radio. It's one of my favorite bands when it's open.

It depends on the solar cycle; 10m has been booming for the last year or so. I've talked all over the world on it with a 100-watt mobile radio. It's one of my favorite bands when it's open.

FM or AM? I should say that it's very limited with FM I guess I haven't tried anything on AM yet. What Freqs do you use on 10m? Also I'm just getting started with the Ham stuff, I had a good bit of experience on the Military side of radio but honestly the Ham stuff seems to be higher quality. Although not quite as rugged ;)

Expedition Leader
FM or AM? I should say that it's very limited with FM I guess I haven't tried anything on AM yet. What Freqs do you use on 10m? Also I'm just getting started with the Ham stuff, I had a good bit of experience on the Military side of radio but honestly the Ham stuff seems to be higher quality. Although not quite as rugged ;)

AM, SSB. I'll scan everything in my General-class phone privileges (28.300 - 29.700 MHz) but 28.400 is a common frequency for calling CQ, and is within Technician-class privileges too. If I didn't mention it before, it is primarily a daytime band. It's been working great at dawn and dusk along the gray (terminator) line.

Bulldawg

KF5xxx Got my Tech and General last month.

Started with a Wouxun KG-UVD1P and accoutrements, and I just installed a Yaesu FT-7900R in the Xterra.

7900a.jpg

radiobag02c.jpg

My dad, a ham since 1956, recently passed along to me a nice little QRP package he put together a few years back - an Elecraft K2, solar panel, and a couple of wire antenna setups along with some other goodies. So much to learn...

Skeptic

Adventurer
First Name: Kos
Callsign : N4NIA
Radio : Elecraft K3/Yaesu FT-7800/Icom-706

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
First Name: Steve
Callsign : KD0TED
Radio : Yaesu FT-1900R
Freq usually on: 2m